Another short but fun stop on our time away was "The Tridge". It's a 3 way wooden footbridge that goes over 2 rivers, the Chippewa and the Tittabawassee. It even has a spot in the middle where people can sit and relax.
The center of The Tridge.
Then we were on to another short but very cool stop. This is called The Silos and is also in Saginaw. These were old rusty grain silos on the river and were an eyesore. Then Cbabi Bayoc, an artist from Spain transformed them into the 2nd largest mural in the country, with some help from local artists.
We were all so impressed by the size, design, color and the beauty! It was a very fun stop!
14 comments:
Dear Mari, the views are spectacular and the artwork on the silos is beautiful and eye-catching.
The grain silos are gorgeous!!! I really love them. And they are huge! I'm glad you snapped the last photo for perspective. I've never seen anything like the Tridge! I wonder when it was built? It looks both old and new!
Wow the mural is great!
The bridge is also an interesting place to visit.
Thank you for sharing, Mari.
That is an interesting looking bridge, I like the middle of it where you can sit and take a break. Wow! Those Silos look fantastic, what a great way for the artists to show off their work!
How beautiful these solos are. It's fascinating to see the designs and how colorful they are. I'm guessing the bridges have a good many visitors who enjoy not only the walk across the rivers, but just sitting there in the middle and enjoying the outdoors. Great photos
What fantastic stops you did on the trip. I think the sitting area in the middle of the tridge is such a great idea. A really nice way to cool off.
The silos are so bright and colorful. I love them and the photo of the family standing against them to show how reall huge they are.
Sue
Y'all find the most interesting and fun places to explore!! Those silos are beyond beautiful and fun! You need to get in some of those photos, Mari!! Love to all, and thanks for sharing the fun with us! xo
Oh, how magnificent the silos are!!! That bridge is also so cool!!!! What fun stops.
Wow, those silos are really outstanding!! It's like looking at a rainbow that never fades away!
Those silos are so colorful and what a good idea. Taking them down would be costly and would just go into the landfill. That's a practical and creative solution to repurpose them into art. Love it. That Tridge is unique. What a fun place. I'd love to sit and relax in the middle.
I love these silos! I must see them in person someday! xoxo
Those silos are amazing!! I am making a note of this for a road trip!
A big WOW for the grain silos they are fabulous.
All the best Jan
You had a question about the bread and butter pickles. I keep them in the freezer up to a year (if they last that long). When I pull them out we usually use them up in 3-4 weeks. I freeze them in pints. I keep them refrigerated. Bread and Butter pickles are my favorite.
Post a Comment