Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2024

Weekend fun

We had a fun weekend and got to spend time with family, which is always nice!


Friday night Andrew and Heather came over for the evening.  Cassie was having fun with the Marbleworks.




Cassie loves to play down in the family room because the playhouse is down there, so we hung out there while she "cooked".



When they were getting ready to leave, she wanted me to cover her up with the blanket.  I think she was getting tired and ready for her bed.


On Saturday, Alaina and Ruby spent the day.


They love Lego's and almost always pull them out when they come over.



The weather was windy and cold, but inside we were thinking Spring and making Spring treats with pretzels, white chocolate wafers and M&M's.  The girls thought it was a good idea to sort the M&M's by color.



We put a white chocolate wafer on square pretzels, heated them for about 5 minutes and then pressed M&M's into the chocolate to make Spring flowers. They had such fun making color choices!




Here's a few of our cute flowers!



We also made some bunny treats.  They were made the same way as the flowers, but one M&M is the face, and you cut another one in half for ears.



We packaged them up in little cellophane bags.  Then we delivered them as little Spring treats to some relatives and friends.




We brought a bag to Cassie.  Here she is showing her little bag.




Cassie was more interesting in playing though, and was very sad when we had to leave.


We then went back home and picked up Bob, went out for supper and brought the girls home a little after 7. It was such a fun day!

 

23 comments:

Debi said...

I've made those pretzel treats several times for different holidays. They are easy and fun for the kids to make and they are a yummy treat as well!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari! That does look like a fun day. You always do such creative things with your granddaughters! I hope you have a good week. P.S. I found Bob's Youtube channel by accident - wasn't looking for it, but his channel was "suggested" and I recognized him. I have listened to several of his excellent messages. Tell him good job and thank you!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love these spring flower treats! I am going to make them with our grands! You always find the best crafts to do with them. Ours love Legos as well.

roentare said...

Great family life you are showing there

Donna said...

I love seeing all the girls! They always seem to be having so much fun together.
The treats are SO cute!!
hugs
Donna

Suemn said...

What a neat treat and a fun day!

Catherine said...

Such cute flowers and bunnies such a good idea. Nice to see the girls together. Your family room is a very nice room.
Glad you had a nice family weekend.

Dianna said...

It was good to see a picture of Heather and Andrew. I pray for them every day. Cassie is starting to get taller.

I love the organization in Alaina and Ruby's thought process! That had to make it easier when they went to put their flowers together. Those treats are so darling...both the flowers and the bunnies.

Thank you to you and Bob for the quality time that you invest in your grandgirls. I know from experience that it will pay off in the end. As they grow older they will not forget either of you.

Jeanette said...

Those treats look fun and easy! What a wonderful weekend with family you had!

Sparky said...

Y'all are so creative! I wish my family had done super cool things like this. What a blessing y'all are to your Grands. God bless you. May the Lord keep and protect you all.
Blessings. 💙

Jean said...

Those treats are adorable!! I gotta try that!

Kim said...

It's a real blessing to live so close to your family and be able to spend genuine quality time with them. I hope my own girls settle nearby.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

You have the sweetest most adorable granddaughters.💗 I always love seeing all the fun you all get up to. And the Spring treats turned out SO cute!!! Now I know that's a winner - wonder if I can get Annie to help me make some? 😉 Lol Blessings on your week ahead. xoxo

Happy@Home said...

That does look like a very special weekend with your sweet granddaughters.
The treats turned out so cute. I can imagine the people on the receiving end were delighted.

happyone said...

Love those pretzels!! What a great idea.
I used to play with my kids and then grandkids with legos. Brings back happy memories.

DUTA said...

The girls know how to have fun; the grandparents know how to create the best atmosphere for them. So, everybody's happy!

Pam said...

So much fun with family.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Those pretzel flower treats are the CUTEST ever. I wish I had the wherewithal to make some of those but I don't think it's going to happen this year, hahaha! Meanwhile the girlies are precious as ever. Cassie gets tired and wants a soft place to lie down and be covered with a blanket! My kind of girl! xoxo

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Those spring flower treats look so petty.
You always plan such fun activities with the girls They are going to have a bunch of wonderful memories.

Susan said...

You always do fun things with your grands! Nice that they passed them out too!

Prims By The Water said...

Those pretzels treats looked so fun. Never have I seen these before. Wish my grands were little to do this with them. Janice

Lowcarb team member said...

So much fun, it's lovely to see.
I enjoyed your photographs.

All the best Jan

Terri D said...

I am catching up on blogs I've missed all week. Not sure you will even see this but I love these little candy treats, and of course the sweet grandgirls who always have fun at your house!! xo