Pages

Monday, April 12, 2021

Spring!

 It's the most wonderful time of the year!  That song is about Christmas, but for me, it's Spring.  I love living in an area where there are seasons and I do enjoy each one, but after winter, Spring brings such joy!

A few short weeks ago we had snow.  Now it' been warming up and Spring flowers are starting to bloom.

Here's a few photos of what's happening around here.

Grecian Windflowers



The maple trees in the back yard are starting to bud!




We have a new robins nest in the back yard.




Miniature daffodils and English bluebells




Forsythia is blooming




The sedum is coming up.



The forsythia in our back yard.




Look!  The trees are turning green.


"for behold, the winter is past;
the rain is over and gone
The flowers appear on the earth,
the time of singing[a] has come,
and the voice of the turtledove
is heard in our land."
2 Solomon 2: 11-12


15 comments:

Jean said...

I love Spring soooo much!! I get so excited when I see things coming to life again. And I love that we have all of summer and fall ahead of us before it's winter again!

The sedum - I think I had planted that on a bank at our farmhouse years ago. It's a ground cover, correct? We're thinking about planting some kind of ground cover under our evergreen tree that had its diseased lower branches removed.

Hootin Anni said...

Beautiful, beautiful, and MORE beautiful!!!

Arlene G said...

The season of Singing has come!! What a good description of spring in the Word.

Martha said...

Beautiful photos and lots of signs of spring! It's my favorite time of year too. :)

Sparky said...

Spring is a wondrous time of year. It's so entertaining and educational to watch God's handiwork come to life every year. It reminds me of our new life we have in Him. Wonderful photos. I feel like I get to enjoy it with y'all.
Hope your day is blessed. xx

Changes in the wind said...

Indeed there is something special about spring and encourages us for new beginnings. Love that back gate!!!

Jeanette said...

Yes, it's getting so green around here! I love Spring, too! My little azalea and lilac bushes I planted last year are coming back nicely!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

I love all 4 seasons too.

Couldn't live anywhere, they do not have them. -smile-

Lovely spring, around your place.

🌷🌿🌷

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

You do live in a beautiful part of our country and I enjoyed seeing the flowers.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Terri D said...

Just lovely, Mari!! Our Spring is over but I love seeing your Spring coming to life!! I also think you are brilliant to know the names of all the plants and flowers!! Thanks for sharing!! xo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This just fills my soul! You're weeks ahead of us. I probably won't even see my daffs up much for a few weeks yet. But it's sure fun to get to gaze at yours in the meantime. Thanks for sharing and making my Spring, dig-in-the-dirt, flower loving soul so happy! 🌸

Laurel Wood said...

I always love the tour of your yard. The forsythia as seen thru Bob’s gate is lovely. Have a blessed evening.

Henny Penny said...

How beautiful! Your words and the pictures! Spring is just wonderful!

Jenny the Pirate said...

How wonderful and beautiful and happy after the siege of winter! I'm so happy for you that it's getting warm again. Happy days are here! xoxo