Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2021

A Day in my life - April

 April is here!  I'm so happy to see it because it means Spring is really here.  Here's what I did on the first day of April.


I'm off to work at 7am.  It was cold (23 degrees) and we had a little snow during the night, which you can see on the side of the road.



I got to work at 7:15.  This is our front entry.  When we come in we have to check our temp, sanitize our hands, fill out a health questionnaire and put on a KN95 mask before we go in. The temp gets rechecked every 4 hours we are there.  No covid cases in our building!

April 1 fell on a Thursday.  This is a doctor day for me.  Our Dr comes every Thursday, so I gathered charts and information that he would need, printed labs and gathered other paperwork he would need to sign.
On this day I also had a Physician Assistant student from the nearby University with me for the day.  She was to spend the morning with me and the afternoon working with the Dr.
I went over our Infection Control program with her and showed her several things I need to check for every resident, like a site that gives information on vaccine status, another one that we have to review for every resident that is on narcotics.  Those things took quite a bit of time and before I knew it, it was nearly noon.



We went out to meet a few new residents and get paperwork signed.  On the way, we passed our courtyard, which is starting to look inviting as the weather improves. 



Soon the doctor arrived and started going over things with our student.




At one point we had a scare when something hit the windows.  It turned out to be window cleaners - another sign of Spring!

The Doctor and the student left around 4:30.  I had to finish making notes, calling families to inform them of changes and orders and putting all the charts and paperwork away.  I left around 5:30.




Driving home - it was beautiful!  The temps were in the 40's and the sun was shining.








Such a pretty drive home!


When I got home I took a walk around the yard and found these daffodils getting ready to bloom.

Bob works late on Thursday, so I heated some leftovers to have for supper.  I made lunches for the next day and started the dishwasher.



Then I put together these little gift bags for our girlies. I knew I would be working all weekend, so I wanted these to be ready to drop off the next day.  This was an idea I saw online, that just took a lunch bag and a pompom.  It was quick and easy.



When I ran my dishwasher, I had extra space, so I put these old bottle in for a quick clean up.  This shelf is in our bathroom and the bottle get dusty quickly, so I try to take advantage of the dishwasher from time to time,



I also threw these old telephone insulators into the dishwasher.
Nice to have them all shiny and clean!



Bob came home a little after 8 and sat down to relax for a while!



Later in the evening I got this photo from our daughter Laura.  They love April Fools and playing tricks.
Laura gave them a bowl of popcorn for breakfast and was singing in an opera voice instead of talking to them.  In spite of Alaina's look here, they did think it was pretty funny once they realized what day it was!

And that's it for April 1!



14 comments:

Connie said...

Looks like a day in the life of a very busy woman. I love that you have such a tranquil drive on your way to work and home again. Looking at that beautiful farm country has got to be a nice way to wind down after a long day. Popcorn for breakfast I'll have to try that. LOL

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a photo this one is, very funny! I don't know what a telephone insulator is, despite the fact that I used to be a telephone operator! Your barn shot is beautiful, and the bags adorable!

Hootin Anni said...

I hope there was butter on the popcorn! (Also love the bunny bags.)

Another busy day for you, but look outdoors...everything is popping up Spring!!

Martha said...

The photo with the girls is too funny! Sounds like a busy day for you. I love your bottles and insulators!

Arlene G said...

Oh I needed a laugh this morning and Alaina gave me one. Oh that looks like a teenager in the making.lol Ruby sure enjoyed it. Love the bunnies you made...great idea.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Thank you for your interesting day...

But best part of this post is.... Aliana's face!!!!!!! Before she realized what the JOKE Was. -giggles- It is just precious.

A really great version of the ROYAL "We Are Not Amused" look!

LOL

🔆🌼💛🌼🌟🔆

Sparky said...

You've been a busy bee! Your area is so pretty. LOVE the barn and flower pics. And I like the paper bag idea. Wished I'd thought of that for the kids at Church on Sunday. We had a good Easter Service. There were so many new people there. I wish it was always like that.
Have a beautiful day! xx

Kim said...

You are a busy girl! So much to peek at here, and you have so much energy for work, crafts and decor. Your days always amaze me...and the girls' faces are priceless.

Jean said...

I loved this whole post! I'm always amazed at what you do at work.

Telephone insulators? I never heard of them!

Laura talking to her girls in an opera singing voice is the funniest thing ever!!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Happy new week dear Mari!
Love seeing a day in your life and all you do. It's so nice to know you still haven't had cases in your building. That is awesome! And I had to look up what telephone insulators were. I had no idea. Lol I think your collection is so cool- and pretty. Bottles too. I love vintage things!! And that pic of the girls on April fools day is priceless. Gave me a giggle. 😉 ❤️

Laurel Wood said...

That was a fun April 1 trick on the girls. I love the signs of spring around your yard and your workplace. I especially love the little medicine bottles on display in your bath.

Jenny the Pirate said...

You can't fool me! You're really TWO people, to accomplish all that you do in one day! I wish I could see at least one of you in person. Happy spring! xoxo

Laura said...

Such a great idea to use up extra space in the dishwasher to clean glass around the house - I will use that!

One of these years we'll have to remember you on April Fools Day and "celebrate" with you - the girls would love to trick you. ;)

Debi said...

Love your bunny bags... got to remember that for next year! I love the expression on Alaina's face, "Really Mom?" Hahaha! I throw my kitchen light covers in the dishwasher every couple of weeks. It does a great job cleaning them.