Monday, December 7, 2020

A Day in my Life

 December 1 fell on a Tuesday which is normally my day off. However, the Doctor that has been helping with our admissions had asked to do some of them on that day, so it was a little different schedule for me.

Here's how the day went.

I slept in a little which is always nice.  I was up around 7:30, got ready and got a few things done.

I gathered the towels to wash them, then browned some burger for a freezer meal I planned to make later.

I set up just a few Christmas things, including changing out this shelf in the bathroom.

Then I headed out.  The sun was shining but it was cold!

I stopped and had a manicure which was badly needed!

Then I went to work to get some paperwork ready for the Dr.  He still can't come into our building, so I gather all the paper work and e-mail it to him.

When I got to work, I did just a little decorating before starting on paperwork.  My neighbor was making these cute gnomes, so I got one to hang on my door.

and set this out on a cabinet.
Then it was on to gathering information.  I got it e-mailed to the Dr and then left for a bit.  I had an eye doctor appointment.

The eye Dr I go to is about 5 minutes from my work so that worked well.  I was there for about 1 1 /2 hours.  The med I am now taking for Rheumatoid Arthritis require some extra testing and they needed baseline tests.  I also had to pick out new glasses which is never easy.  
I made it back to work at 2 and called the Dr.
We saw 4 new patients and he faxed paper work back to me.  I had a few other things to work on and left at 5:30.

Here's my office hall, all quiet as I left.

I picked up this yummy roast beef sub, which Bob and I shared for supper.

After supper, I used the burger I had browned earlier in the day and made a few freezer meals. These are now all wrapped up, ready to thaw and eat on busy days!

And then it was time to relax! See that cute little snowman?  He was a gift from a resident's husband several years ago.  They've both passed but I love remembering them when I see this.  Anyway - I lit a Christmas candle and enjoyed the Christmas lights.

And just like that - the first day of December was done!


Deb said...

Sounds like a busy but productive day - the best kind! I love your Christmas decorations and the sandwich and freezer meals look delicious. Have a good week and I will see you again soon!

Terra said...

You accomplished an amazing amount of stuff in one day. I especially like the smiling snowman tea pot and the gnome.

Jean said...

You're always so disciplined and organized!

I agree, picking out new glasses is hard! Thankfully, because I wear contacts I only pick out glasses about every ten years, lol!

Ginny Hartzler said...

You had a super busy day! It makes me exhausted just reading about it. I love your decorations, especially the cute gnome!

Hootin' Anni said...

I love your candle/snownan/tree image to relax by at the end of the day!! A busy day to be sure!!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

....and a busy one but a day to get things done. Have a blessed Tuesday.

Joyful said...

You had a productive day. I really need to get my nails done too. I meant to do it last month but never did. I also need to get my hair done. It's been a whole year but now we are under stricter conditions so I'm not sure when I'll get it done. For now I'm keeping more than busy at home. I like your Christmas decorating touches. I haven't started on any of it unless you count the wrapping paper on the gifts, lol.I hope your dad is getting better each day. have a wonderful week.

Changes in the wind said...

So much done on your "day off". Glad you got the manicure and treated yourself in the mist of all you do for other.

Saija said...

you busy little bee ... *smile*

Sylvia said...

Feel exhausted reading all that Mari. What a busy girl you are

Jenny the Pirate said...

December just melts away, doesn't it? As does the entire fall season, in my experience. Makes me sad although I do look forward to winter hibernating and then the beautiful spring. Your Christmas decorating is always so charming in its simplicity. Very effective. I'm glad you were able to relax and have a manicure. xoxo

Beth Cotell said...

Sounds ds like a productive day. And I live your decorations.

Terri D said...

I remember 'sleeping in' until 7:30 but am happy those days are behind this retired old woman! I got used to not getting up at 5:00 a.m. real fast. I am glad you had time for a little pampering on your not-day-off, Mari. Bless you and all nurses and medical staff for all you do, all the time. Stay warm and stay well!!

Michelle said...

I worked from home today and slept until 7:00 am it it was glorious! lol Glad you had a good day :)

Doris said...

I enjoy your First day posts. Sorry you had to go to work on your day off. But still a very productive day! Touches of Christmas cheer at home and at work, how nice. The sandwich looks so good!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

These posts are always so fun to read and follow you in your day. Love the cute decorations you added at work! That gnome!! ­čśŹ Thanks for sharing xoxo

Arlene @Nanaland said...

I always enjoy traveling along with you on your day, Mari. You get so much accomplished. I just got new glasses as well. Not a big change but I wanted something different this time.