Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Thanksgiving

 Thanksgiving was different for us this year, as I know it was for many of you.  Usually we would have all of my family over, which amounts to about 25 people.  However, with several people sick with covid, including my Dad, we decided this year to just have our own kids over.  A meal was brought over to Dad and Ann, as he continues to feel pretty crummy.  He is no longer having the fevers, or the body aches, but is exhausted and I think it's going to be hard for him to get his strength back.

So, it was much quieter here this year; just Aaron, Laura and kids, and Andrew and Heather.


Here's the whole group around the table.


After dinner, the girls talked Uncle Andrew into playing a game with them.



Uncle Andrew and Aunt Heather also brought along a gift for the girls.  It was a gingerbread house kit. that they ended up doing later that afternoon when they went home.


We also went outside to take a few photos for our Christmas card this year.  I'll share that with you later.  Aaron and Laura had me take a few of their family; we didn't do any of Heather and Andrew because I have to get out with them soon and do some maternity shots.

Here's Aaron and Laura's cute family.

They all went home later in the afternoon and we had a quiet evening.
Different, but still a nice day, and still much to be thankful for!


12 comments:

Terri D said...

Yes, different for most everyone this year, I think. But you are right that we have so much to be thankful for!! Love the photos!!

Arlene G said...

What great pictures and looks like the perfect day. So glad your dad is over the worst of it. Prayers for both your dad and step mom.

Terri said...

Qwirkle is a great game!

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a beautiful family you have!! Great pictures of a memorable time. So glad your Dad is improving!

Susan said...

Nice pictures Mari. Ours was small too but still nice. Have a happy Monday!

Changes in the wind said...

So glad to hear that your Dad is improving and even though small your little family gathering was filled with love. what a thoughtful early Christmas gift for the girls.

Saija said...

God is good ... so glad you're dad is healing up!

Sparky said...

Sometimes, small gatherings are the best.
I pray your Dad and others recover soon. I know when we had "it" it took us both a month or more to feel normal again.
Blessings. xx

Hootin Anni said...

Ruby has the same smile as her daddy!! What an awesome family portrait sans the matriarch... YOU!!

Jean said...

I love all your pictures. I know it was a smaller group than usual, but at least your little girls could be there. I'm really struggling right now. I feel like every single day I am hearing of someone I know who either has it or who died because of it. Someone else this morning who died, just since you and I talked last evening. Our hospital COVID units are fuller than they've ever been this whole time. I am longing to have family here without caution.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dear Mari
Playing catch up. It was hard to be so different this year. 🙏 Love the pics of your beautiful family! Yes, still so many blessings and much to be thankful for. xoxo

Jenny the Pirate said...

It sounds lovely, a lot like our Christmases are now with just Audrey and Dagny (who usually spend the night with us on Christmas Eve) and Chad and Erica, who come over later in the day after they've visited with Chad's family. I like the crazy holidays with everyone like we just had, but I REALLY like the quieter ones. This year we are ALL getting together AGAIN on December 18th to celebrate Christmas with those who will be in distant states on the day, and also Melanie's sixteenth birthday! I don't think I'm going to feel like cooking for all that crowd again so it may be baloney sandwiches. xoxo