Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Cooking Thursday

 Last week in one of my posts I shared a photo of the chicken rice soup I made and several of you asked for the recipe, so here it is!  This may be one of the easiest soups you have ever made.  The only cutting you have to do is chopping the celery. (and chopping chicken if you don't have that ready ahead of time) The rest is just open and pour.  And it's so tasty!



Chicken Rice Soup

2 boxes (32 ounces each) Chicken Broth

2 C. chopped, cooked chicken 

1 bag sliced frozen carrots

1 C. chopped celery

salt, pepper to taste

1 box chicken and wild rice Rice-a-roni. 
 

Stir all ingredients together in Crock Pot and cook on low for 6-7 hours.

9 comments:

Terri D said...

Okay! This sounds (and looks) SO good and is so easy! Saving it! Thanks!

Connie said...

Thanks for the recipe it looks delicious. I love hot soup especially this time of the year.

Joyful said...

I would have to chop everything in the recipe since we don't have ready made bags of celery or carrots (only certain items like broccoli, asparagus, sometimes cauliflower, corn and the usual mix of carrots & peas). Your soup looks absolutely delicious and perfect consistency. I made ham and pea soup yesterday but it was a little on the thin side. I never use a recipe and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't quite make the grade. I still ate it.

Hootin Anni said...

So simple, so nutritious...comfort food in both preparation AND consumng.

GOT CRACKERS?

Arlene G said...

I was thinking of making soup but it turned summer here again this week. I will save that one for later.

Sally said...

I'm going to make this for sure, Mari. Thank you!

xoxo

Debby said...

Okay, this one gets saved in my recipe file. Thanks!

Henny Penny said...

This one sounds so easy to make, and looks really good.

Kim said...

Yum...and super easy. Just the way I like it.