Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Cooking Thursday

Here's a recipe that's a twist on a cheeseburger.  It's a regular on our menu because it's so easy to make, it can be made ahead of time and it's good!


Open Face Cheeseburgers

1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons minced onion
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon mustard
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
8 hamburger buns

Stir together ground beef salt and minced onion.  Stir in soup, ketchup and mustard, then stir in cheese.
Cut buns in half and spread hamburger mix over each half.
Place under broiler until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
* You can prepare the meat spread ahead of time and place in the refrigerator.  When you are ready to use it, warm it just a little in the microwave to make it spreadable, then place on buns and broil.

15 comments:

Mary said...

That looks and sounds like a crowd pleaser. Will have to make this, this weekend.

Vicki said...

I want to try this, it looks really good.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I always look forward to your cooking thursday and this is no exception. I love easy as you know and this is a good recipe. Thanks. Have a blessed day.

Sandi said...

I thought it was an egg casserole at first, but that's a bun. Yum!

Linda said...

Wait, chicken soup???? Interesting, smiles.

Sally said...

Looks good, Mari. Reminds me of my mom making bacon, cheese, tomato open face!

xoxo

Arlene G said...

Oh this one looks yummy!!!

Patsy said...

I'll have to get the cook to start looking at your blog on Thursday!

Terri D said...

I would love this!! Joe, not so much. I grew up on sloppy joes and this is like a gourmet sloppy joe!! Might do it for my family when they visit again!

Victoria Stankus said...

Great idea! I will have to try it. I might also try a pizza version. Instead of cream of chicken, I would use pizza sauce. And, use mozzarella instead of cheddar.

Kerin said...

Yum!
Love a simple, quick recipe for dinner!
Thanks for sharing!

Have a happy day.
~K.

Dianna said...

Sounds yummy. :)

Katelyn R. said...

Nathan is so excited to try this!!!! I think I remember my mom making it& one of my favorites :-)

Vicki said...

I tried this recipe the other day and even my picky eater liked them!

Jenny said...

This sounds delicious. I've copied it and I will certainly try it! Sure to be a crowd pleaser. xoxo