Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Cooking Thursday

I love Mexican food!  Tacos, burritos, fajita's, nachos...   One thing I like to make for supper when time is limited is quesadilla's.   If I know I'm going to have a late day at work, I make this chicken filling ahead of time, then all I have to do is warm it in the microwave, put it on the tortillas and brown them.  I have a tortilla maker, but if you don't you can make these using a frying pan on the stove too.

Fajita Quesadilla's

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1 onion, sliced thinly
1 green pepper, sliced thinly
fajita seasoning mix
flour tortillas
shredded cheddar cheese

Prepare chicken, onion, pepper as directed on the fajita seasoning mix.
Preheat your pan, place one tortilla on it and spread some chicken mix over it.  Sprinkle with shredded cheese and cover with another tortilla.  Brown and flip quesadilla to brown the other side.
Remove from pan and cut into wedges.  Serve with salsa and sour cream.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could eat Mexican food every day. Thanks for a quick and great looking recipe. Hope you have a nice day, Mari.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I enjoy Mexican food too and those look really good and easy. Enjoy your day.

Jean said...

I need to try this! My recipe is so complicated with corn, black beans, etc that I hardly ever make them.

Arlene G said...

I love anything Mexican....this sounds like I can handle it.:)

Linda said...

(((big smiles)) Hope you have a lovely day, Mari.

Sally said...

I have never had quesi=whatever that word is. :)

Looks good though, and I know my girls would love these.

xoxo

Kim said...

Looks good. I make a similar version and it's always a big hit!

Jenny said...

Quick and fabulous. Just say the word "fajita" and I commence to drool. Awesome combined with a quesadilla! xoxo

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Why is it that food related posts make me hungry? Regardless what the recipe is. Did you know, for example, that in Scotland we have deep fried Mars bars?

God bless.

rebecca said...

Today at noon, I served my husband and father "Polish tortillas"! Surprisingly good..... I used leftover sausage, potatoes and kraut diced and created a cheesy sauce for the mixture. Topped the tortillas with shredded cheese and sour cream. Quite delicious, actually :)

Cherdecor said...

Chad makes these and loves them. They are good!