Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Weekend with the Grands!

We had the girls overnight this weekend.  They hadn't been here for several weeks because of schedule conflicts and we were anxious to spend time with them.  Alaina had been asking to come over too and was waiting by the door when I got to their house.
After I picked them up we stopped at my Dad and stepmom's house to get his meds set up.

 Ann was showing Alaina a card my Dad got that had a cow that moo'd.  She thought it was pretty funny!


 Ruby had fun playing with marbles with my Dad.


She also found a place to climb while we were visiting.


I caught her giving Alaina a kiss.


And I found them both on the chest!


 Ruby had fun playing peek-a-boo.


When Grandpa came home from work we went out for supper, where Alaina had her usual hamburger, fries and white milk.  That never changes!
The girls were happy to see Grandpa and spend some time playing!


He's a good sport and plays along with their goofy ideas.  :)


 On Saturday they had fun playing with these big exercise balls.





When Grandpa climbs on the stool, both girls think they need to be up there too!


Alaina and I made a flower out of paper strips, a straw and a button.

After lunch they went back home and Bob and I took a short nap!  We sure had fun though!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such sweet pictures. Sounds like a lot of fun and I'll bet a nap was needed! Hope you have a good week.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! You must have had a wonderful weekend with your lovable ones! Beautiful pics of all. The flower which you and Alaina made looks pretty attractive...

Jennifer Hays said...

Aw, such a nice weekend with the girls. They are looking so much alike. They could almost be twins, I think. I'm so glad you had a good time together. Hope you have a good week, Mari.

Beth Cotell said...

Looks like a good time was had by all! And I love their little pony tails!!!

Sally said...

A perfect weekend visit for y'all. The girls are so cute, and growing fast! Ruby? She tickles me so. If we got her and Jase together, it would take all of us to keep them for climbing! So
glad everyone had fun. :)

xoxo

Betsy Brock said...

Looks like a lot of fun! And a nice treat at your dad's for you to
bring them along!

Arlene G said...

I always need a rest when my grands leave.lol Ruby and Alaina are so cute, I know your parents enjoyed having little visitors.

Cherdecor said...

Those two little girls are so cute! I bet that your parents love it when you bring them along for a visit. The picture of Ruby kissing Alaina is just the best!

White Lace and Promises said...

Oh how adorable! What a fun sleepover. That hasn't happened for us yet. It's harder with 2 and 3. My David lets the kids play with his hair and climb all over him. Precious visits they will never forget.

Terri D said...

Oh my, those girls are so beautiful!! I love that Ruby climbs! It will be fun to see where that takes her one of these days! Thanks for sharing the joy!

Jenny said...

That Ruby is too much. I LOVE that flower you and Alaina made. What a twosome they are. xoxo

Cheri said...

Hey- edit your post- that's Ruby playing with marbles not Alaina :) You got such cute pics. Love dads smile when he's playing with Ruby!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

They are just so darn adorable! And I'm sure they keep you hopping! Lol
xoxo

Just A Southern Girl said...

So much fun! Can't wait to get to the states this year and see my grandbabies :)

Bethany Carson said...

They are adorable! Love seeing their happy faces. I have many good memories of playing marbles as a little child. Glad you had a good time with your grandchildren!