Pages

Monday, April 4, 2016

Spring Break?

This week is Spring Break for most of the schools around here.  It seems that the weather is often good the week before and the week after the break.  We'll see what happens this year, but we aren't off to a good start!
It's been quite warm and has been raining.  The snow was melted and we thought we had seen the end of it for the year, but then we were told that we would probably get a little snow.  On Saturday morning they predicted 1-2 inches.  I was at work and the morning started sunny and bright. We wondered if the weathermen had gotten it wrong and the snow would miss us.  It turns out they did - but not because of nice weather.  They just under calculated the amount of snow.

Around 10:30 in the morning it started snowing.

It was snowing and blowing!



A friend put this picture on facebook partway through the afternoon.  What a change in a few hours!


I ended up working late and left around 5.  On my drive home, the snow had really tapered off.




















This is what we ended up getting - 9 inches!  And that was in about 5 hours. Most of it melted on Sunday, but we have snow flurries most of Monday.  At least it didn't stick.  I hope that's the end of it!

17 comments:

Phoebes World said...

Wow Mari...what gorgeous pictures...I love and miss snow!
I guess I shouldnt say...but it was a very sunny 76 here today!

Phoebe x

Anita Johnson said...

Thanks for saying Hi.,
That's a lot of snow! Our weather us weird! XO

Anonymous said...

Crazy spring weather! Hope the snow is over with for this year now. Have a great day.

Hootin Anni said...

A good nourishing wet Spring snow...good for the crops!! And such pretty images you share. The one with the open running creek with the snowbanks...awesome Mari.

But the prediction was so far off. My goodness.

Hope the weather improves for the break/school kids. And hope you can get out and enjoy some REAL spring like weather soon.

Beth Cotell said...

YIkes! No more snow!!!! (It is pretty though.)

Arlene G said...

My cousin in Detroit said they had some snow as well Mari! Bless your Hearts is all I can say! Thank you so much for recommending Betsy's blog. i sat down yesterday and read a lot of her posts about the triplets. It put many things in perspective for me.

Sandi said...

Uh, happy Spring? I grew up in Michigan. I remember nature's strange notion of Spring there! ;-)

Hang in there. The sun'll come out tomorrow!

Doris said...

We didn't get snow but it's gotten really cold and had some extreme wind. Totally crazy weather.....lots of colds and coughs going on here! One day it's 70 and sunny, the next cloudy, drizzly with wind chills in the teens.
We. Will. Survive =)

Cherdecor said...

I was telling Alan about the 9 inches of snow that you got. Every time we hear about the snows that you get, we can't stop saying how thankful we are that we didn't take that job around Chicago some years ago. Of course, after Hurricane Katrina we say the same about New Orleans. Our house would have been blown away had we moved there.
All we have to do here is to dodge tornados. :)

sara said...

we were in indiana for Jared's senior recital and it was snowing....sideways!!! the wind was horrible!! as we were in our hotel room looking out the window at it, we were watching the shingles fly off the hotel roof!!! crazy!

Patsy said...

For you I hope so too, it is a little cool here
but no snow . We have had a short winter.

Jennifer Hays said...

Gosh, that's a pretty good snowstorm for April. I'm glad it's melting quickly. Hopefully that was winter's last gasp!

Jean said...

Wow!!!! So much snow! But thankfully it's already gone. That is indeed the one good thing about snow in Spring.

Jenny said...

Unbelievable. I saw this on the news and thought of you. Mercy, Mari. I remember having snow in April often when we lived in the Chicago area. It sure was a nuisance but so pretty. I know your flowers are like, whaaaat? Haahaa xoxo

Amy at love made my home said...

Gosh, a lot of snow! I hope that it is all gone again soon and that spring will return and stay until summer makes an appearance!! xx

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I won't complain then Neighbor. We keep getting some too - but just an inch or 2 here or there. This week too. I'm with you - let it be DONE!! Go away Winter, you've worn out your welcome!! xoxo

Just A Southern Girl said...

Wow! I do remember a few Michigan Aprils with crazy weather like that, though. One year an ice storm on April 15th took down the electric pole on the corner where we lived, and we ended up moving in with friends for a week until the power company got around to fixing it. Not blaming them at all; they had a LOT of work to do after that storm!