Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

A stop at the park


We had Alaina overnight on Friday. We went out for supper and on the way home when she spotted this playground. Grandpa is a pushover for her, so we stopped to play.

When we walked up, we found this playground mainly consisted of a tall tower and some slides.  There were several older kids playing here, but that didn't stop Miss Alaina.

Look at that smile as she climbed the stairs...


Somehow, I thought she would go to the first slide and come down.  No - she kept going.  See her little arm way up there?   She climbed all the way up, then turned around and came back down.  No need for the slide, I guess it was enough to just climb up.



There were a few toys for smaller kids, so we tested them out.






By this time she was shivering, but she still protested our leaving.  Next time we'll find a park that's a little more geared toward a toddler!

18 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Looks like fun, even if it was a little cold! I loved those animals on the big springs when I was her age. :)

Connie said...

You guys just have to much fun!!

Connie said...

You guys just have to much fun!!

Unknown said...

She is adorable. What a sweetheart. I love that you are such a great Grandma to your little muffin!

Jenny said...

That last photo! Oh my goodness! Her eyes are just miraculous. What a little dollbaby. I love it that she played until her teeth chattered and still she wanted more. xoxo

Jennifer Hays said...

That looks like a fun playground. She is getting so big, she's a real little girl now!

Anonymous said...

Kids are found of playgrounds. They love to me there for lot of times. I have experienced this from my kid. She looks very beautiful. See her face how she enjoys all the plays!

Sola Scriptura said...

She is really looking older! It's amazing how quickly they grow up. How wonderful that you make so many fun memories with her!

Anonymous said...

She has the most wonderful smile and the brightest eyes. I know you both treasure every minute with her.

Unknown said...

She is just precious. No wonder granddad cant resist! Guess she got to the top and realized how high it was, so down she came.

Linda said...

AWE..Thank you for sharing..sure brightened my day. Blessings

Brooke said...

fun stuff!!! :)

Judy said...

Awe, she is a cutie pie!! I can see why her Grandpa is a pushover.

Jean said...

What fun! It makes me happy to see all the signs of Spring in your area. Did you get any snow yesterday? They have that word in our forecast for today, but I'm not listening.

Cheri said...

Aww- she's getting so big!! Good for her for going for it :)

Cherdecor said...

Alaina is such a little doll! How brave of her to go all the way to the top! You are good grandparents to let her play a little. She has her grandpa wrapped around her little finger for sure! :)

Patsy said...

So cute and fearless! (When granddad is around.)

Nancy said...

Makes me eager to see the great grands again soon. She is a brave one!