Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

More time with Alaina


We had Alaina overnight again this weekend. We try to take her a couple times a month. That way she stays used to us and of course, we have fun with her! We're lucky that Laura and Aaron are willing to share. :) 

Some things are always the same.  Bob can be found on the floor playing with Alaina.  What a good Grandpa!



Another thing that doesn't change is Alaina chasing Oliver.  She just loves him.  He tolerates her.  :)



She sustained her first injury last week when she fell and got a little cut on her forehead.  It's healing nicely though.  Here she is hanging onto my legs - "Pick me up, Grandma!"


She looks like she's pouting here, but actually she was sitting on the table in front of me, having a little treat.

We've had this little Winnie the Pooh plane that I got from a friends garage sale.  She always loves to play with it, but this weekend she figured out how to get on it.  She was pretty proud of herself.
How do you like that wild, fly-away hair?



Look at that little sweetheart!  She has her little bear in bed with her and she's sleeping right on top of him.
The blanket she's laying on was one her Mom had as a baby.
She's 11 months old now and we sure do love her!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

She surely is a little honey!!! What a great grandma and grandpa you are. Aren't babies fun??

Anonymous said...

Those are sweet, sweet pictures, Mari. She is so precious!
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

She is a beautiful baby. I love the shot of Oliver in the corner with her! That is so sweet that she is sleeping on her bear.

Terra said...

What a darling and I can see why you love caring for her frequently.

ancient one said...

I love her beautiful blue eyes. I always love it when Alaina comes to see you and you share the pics... I can tell y'all are great grandparents.

Betsy Brock said...

Oliver is such a good kitty. They just know they should be nice when it's a small child, don't they? If an adult bothered them like that they wouldn't be so patient. ha.

She's so sweet...I love the sleeping photo!

Jean said...

Fun times, Mari! And so familiar to me. Dick is almost always on the floor when a grandchild is here. Lori's been away at a conference since Thursday, so we've helping Anthony with Austin a lot, but since Jeremy and some of his friends have been here too, I haven't had time to post about it. Hopefully today.

Pat said...

I love her hair, it matches her soft eyes...she is already a heart breaker!!

Karen said...

Wonderful pictures, Mari. I love the "pick me up" one, that is just precious. Such a sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

Oh, she is a sweetie!! Looks like a wonderful time. :)

Jenni Ritter said...

I'm so glad you live close to Alaina like we do our grandchildren, such a privilege to have them in our lives! She's adorable!!

Cheri said...

She is such a peanut. I love her hair in the picture of her and Bob with the toy on his head- so cute!

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

What a lovely little girl. Little people are such a blessing :)

Dena said...

is she precious or what?? oh my - i could sop her up with a biscuit!!

Jenny said...

Everything about her is incredibly cute. Her eyes are the eighth wonder of the world. I don't know how Laura and Aaron (or you and Bob and Heather, for that matter) get anything at all done while she's around.

Laura said...

She loves going to visit Grandpa and Grandma! She always comes back tired! :)