Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Next Question, please?


My blogging friend Susan, from Penless Writer has interviewed me. Here are her questions and my answers.

1. If you could live any where in the world where would you pick?
I would live right where I do. I do get sick of the snow and bad roads, but I really like being able to enjoy the 4 seasons and the beauty of each. Also - I am very close to my family and they all live withing 25- 30 minutes from me.
2. What is the one thing you've done, or accomplished, that you are proudest of?
The thing I am proudest of in my life are my 3 kids. They are all responsible and productive and best of all, they are all Christians. Of course I can't really take responsibility for all of that. God blessed me with kids that were really quite easy to raise. I've told Bob that I think God knew I wouldn't be able to handle difficult kids!
3. How many places have you lived? States? Cities? or Houses if the same place all your life.
I have always lived in Southwest Michigan. I grew up on a farm. My parents built a new house right around the corner from our farm house when I was in 8th grade. When I got married, Bob and I rented a house for a little over a year. We bought a house after that and lived there for 9 years. We then moved to the town Bob grew up in, to be a little more in the country. Each of these places is about 10 miles from the place I grew up in. It's 5 houses in all and as you see, I haven't gone far!
4. If you could go to college today what would you take? Why?
I would do the same thing I do now, which is a nurse. Why? - Because I really like what I do! And - you can always get a job!
5. What one regret do you have in your life?
I remember my Dad telling me when my kids were little to just enjoy them because they grow up so fast. I really did enjoy my kids, but I wish I hadn't worried as much about having the house picked up and the dishes done... and just been more spontaneous to do fun things with them. So - that's my advice to you Mom's with little kids, because it really does go by fast!

Thanks Susan for being nice to me with these questions! If you want to be interviewed, let me know in the comments, If you don't, that's okay too!


post signature

17 comments:

Susan said...

This was great, Mari. I really did learn a little more about you since you and I are just getting acquainted. Thanks for letting me interview you.
Susan

Darla said...

that was great, i am with you on the accomplishments...raising 3 wonderful kids is the highest achievement there is!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I would love to! That looks fun. I enjoyed reading your answers!

Justabeachkat said...

That was fun to read. You can interview me any time.

Hugs!
Kat

Lara said...

It is always nice to know more about our blogging friends and I liked reading your answers. And you can interview me any time.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Great Interview Mari! I bet you are an awesome Nurse! You have such a heart for people!

Kari said...

It's wonderful to get to you a little better.
It's also wonderful to hear that you enjoy your work. I have met many people who can't say the same.
You're welcome to interview me if you like.

Cheri said...

I don't think you could ask me a question that you don't already know the answer too!

Penny said...

I totally understand your No. 1. The older I get, the more I appreciate family.

And good advice for No. 5! I'll have to remember that when the time comes!

Cherdecor said...

I enjoyed reading your questions and answers. Now we know you a little more.

Growin' With It said...

#2 warms my heart and i sure hope i can say that one day too!

Sandra said...

This was a lot of fun to read Mari :)

Shell in your Pocket said...

I love #2!
-sandy toe

Kayren said...

That was fun to read, Mari.

Bonnie said...

These are great answers, Mari ! I love how content you are living where you are living, doing what you are doing !! I think it's fabulous !! As for the one regret ... thanks for the words of wisdom !! It's always a good thing to be reminded of ....

Justabeachkat said...

Hi Mari

I've posted my answers. Come see.

Hugs!
Kat

Shelly said...

Mari, I like this post. It is fun to read about someone's past. Thanks for sharing young lady!