Here we are in August! If you know me, you'll know that makes me a little sad because I hate to see Summer coming to an end. But for now, I'll just enjoy what's left of it.
August 1 was a full day, so here's a bunch of pictures to show you how I spent it.
It was a little drizzly outside, but Bob and I went on a walk first thing in the morning. The temp was only 72 degrees - lovely walking weather. Here we are heading down our road.
We saw this bunny along the way.
We turned onto this dirt road. I like to drive on dirt roads, and walk on them too.
The dirt road dead ends in this driveway. Wouldn't you love to sit on that porch on a nice evening?
We admired wildflowers growing in the ditches along the road.
Someone had thrown this plastic bag on the side of the road. Bob picked it up and used it to pick up other trash as we walked. I don't understand people who just throw their trash out the window!
The horses were out enjoying the cool morning too.
When we got home, I had my boiled egg for breakfast and read this devotional. It's new to me and I'm really enjoying it.
It was time to do eggs for the next few days. I use this Dash egg cooker which I really like. It's quick, easy and does my eggs perfectly.
Time to get to work in the kitchen! I made a pasta salad for a potluck at church on Sunday. I also made some spread for open face burgers that are broiled.
Here's my pretty pasta salad. It's a favorite and if you want to try it, here's a post where I shared it before. Italian Vegetable Pasta Salad
I shredded Mozzarella cheese, which I would need for supper. Then I cleaned the kitchen and got the dishwasher going.
My next thing was to change out my patriotic decor. I had lots of it up in several rooms and it was time to change it out. Here's a few spots I worked on.
We have fun things planned this week - Cousin Camp! I worked on getting some activities set up, as well as goodie bags and a mini camp store. You'll hear more about that next week!
Bob was out in his Workshop and I popped out there to check on him, and then went for a short walk.
I walked through the side yard...
and then went to the woods.
When I came back I wandered into the back yard.
I picked some basil for supper.
and made this pizza, using the mozzarella I shredded earlier. My part has tomato and basil. Bob has sausage, pepperoni and bacon. It was good!
After supper we settled down for a few shows, including Poirot. We like those old programs.
Around that time, it finally started raining after threatening it all day. We really need rain here, but only got about 1/4th inch. It's better than none though!
And that was it for another day. It was a good one!
26 comments:
I so love these posts and seeing how you spend your days. Where you live is so pretty and you have such beautiful roads to walk. That home with the big porch looked so lovely. That egg cooker looks pretty cool. And I love that you picked your own basil for your pizza. It looked amazing!! Blessings on your August and soaking up these summer days. 🌼💛
Hi dear Mari, what beautiful photos of your walk. Your pizza looks delicious. The home with the big porch looks so cozy.
I love seeing the bunny and the horses, too.
I am with Carrie. It was so nice to see how you spent your day. You are a go go go gal. Walking, cooking, planning for your grands. I have never seen an egg cooker like that. I enjoyed this.
Two walks in one dya, plus all the food prep! yikes, you have energy. Or maybe it is just that I am so old that I have none! Your back yard is gorgeous, like a storybook garden. The pizza looks yummy, and the salad is so pretty. I will check out this devotional on Amazon
I love that white house with the front porch. I dream of living in a house like that, but there aren't many in the Netherlands.
That does sound like perfect walking weather and how lovely to see the bunny! The wildflowers are so pretty and good on Bob for picking up the trash! Yum to the pasta salad and my fella would love Bob's workshop!
I would thoroughly enjoy sitting on that porch in the evenings at the house at the end of the road. Such a beautiful area where you live, Mari. I'm sorry you didn't get more rain. We had 1 1/2 inches Saturday night and then another 3/4 inch Sunday night. We didn't have any severe weather along with it, so we were definitely thankful for the rain because it was getting dry here.
Such a fun post getting to see how you spent a day. I love all of the pictures. Your gardens and yard are lovely. I can't stand to find trash along the roads either. Who does that? I may have to try your pasta salad, it looks really good. Enjoy August!!
You all have been busy this summer... I was thinking last evening how you all know that your spring is not coming until after our spring is here....and we wait for y'all to have cooler weather before we are able to have cooler weather. LOL.. does this make sense? Great pictures of such a lovely walk. I don't understand why people throw trash out onto the sides of the roads. Your yard is very pretty...
This made me smile.
rkrsrue.blogspot.com
Mari! Yes, to sittig on that porch at the end of the dirt road. Ahhhhh... Those horses on your walk are so beautiful. Boiled eggs for me each morning, but I also have a yogurt, too. That pasta salad looks so good. I'm making it for my small group of older ladies on the 14th!! My patriotic decorations will stay up until Labor Day. I just go red, white, and blue all summer. Memorial Day through Labor Day. Then fall can come out. I am tired of them, though. Just too lazy!! LOL Cousin Camp sounds like a blast and I can't wait to read all about it!! Your pizza looks yummy, I love your lovely yard, and still watch The Repair Shop every night before bed.. I've never watched Poirot and will look it up today!! Tell Bob I check his YouTube channel every day for a new post!! :) Love you guys!! xo
You live in an idyllic setting, Mari. I loved seeing the sights as you all took your morning walk and later, your yard and woods. Cousin Camp sounds terrific! I know you'll fill us in later with that adventure. Have a beautiful day!
Hi Mari! Your kitchen creations always look so delicious! That pizza looks fabulous. Wow, Bob has a huge workshop. So cool. We could sure use some rain and drizzle here in Utah, but we had a hot, hot weekend with lots of wildfires burning all over the state. I love your mantle decor. I hope the month of August is a good one for you. See you again soon!
The roads you walk and the sights you pause to enjoy sure would be my happy place. My dream has always been to have a big front porch with rocking chairs to just day dream and enjoy the great outdoors. Its still only a dream though.
Cousin Camp looks like so much fun. You really do things up right for your sweet kiddos.
Ummm yum on your pizza. The last pizza we ordered was such a disappointment. It had no flavor and I don't think it was just our old age tastebuds on the fritz either. Too expensive to be so ho-hum.
The foxes are back. Our neighbor said that the mama sits on their hill and watches the 4 young kits play in their backyard. They can watch it on their Ring camera.
Sue
I can't wait to hear all about your cousin camp!!! I did not plan one this year, I am not sure i am up to it and it has been so hot. I think this is the first year I have missed in 18 years. I do see the grands all the time, but no camp shirts, sniff sniff
What a delightful day!! I enjoyed walking with you (& Bob!) and seeing the things you enjoyed along the way. I also loved the walkabout your own yard. It's so very pretty and lush! And I love seeing Bob's workshop! It's so neat and clean!!! And that pasta salad and pizza both look SO good! Oh, I know your little young ladies are going to enjoy their "cousins camp". What a fun idea! Can't wait to hear all about it. This was delightful from start to finish!! You live in a beautiful area! And yes, that house with the porch looks so inviting and interesting. I think I'd have to go meet those neighbors! Have a lovely rest of your week.
Y'all are such good grandparents - your kids and grands are blessed. Your home and yard are beautiful! Thanks, too, for sharing recipes. Blessings . . .
Looks like a good day! I love walking down dirt roads! I bet cousin camp will be a blast for all of you!
Looks and sounds a lovely day.
Have a fun cousin camp.
All the best Jan
Such a full and wonderful day. Sure did like seeing where YOU walk. :)
OK there's a lot to unpack here ... first of all, I love love love this cousin camp thing. TG told me that another friend of ours is doing that with her grands. I'm afraid I don't have the patience but I can't wait to see how yours turns out. Second, it doesn't get much better than Poirot! Love those shows. One of my fave scenes is where a guy shows up at the door to the office and says I have a parrot for Mr. Poyrot. Captain Hastings says no it's Pwah-roh. And so the guy says, I have a pwah-roh for Mr. Poyrot!!!!! I laughed so hard the first time I saw that, I nearly fell out me pirate recliner, hahahaha! OK back to what we were saying. Thirdly I love your nature walks. And I don't know what I would do without my Dash egg cooker. It's the most efficient way to make hard-boiled eggs that I have ever found. And I like dirt roads too but only for walking not for driving, and please people PLEASE do not litter!!!! So rude!!!! Good for Bon, picking up that nasty trash. A cool morning walk with your sweetie ... chef's kiss! Happy August my friend! xoxo 🏴☠️
Mari,
What a wonderful day!!!! Packed fill but lovely! The pictures of the walks and backyard are lovely!! That pizza looks wonderful. I need that little cooker for the eggs!!! Oh, that grater too! I love that type of pasta salad. So delish!!! I hope you have a good week.
Hi Mari, I sure enjoyed this post and all the pictures. I liked the cousin camp peak. I did a campout with the grands during the covid summer and the kids loved it. We had tents and a fire ring with hot dogs and smores. I am looking forward to your camp details.
What a lovely post! I really enjoyed all your photos and reading about your day. I love your "cousin camp" what a great idea. You and Bob are such good grandparents!
All so good. Have fun at Cousin Camp!
The bunny is so cute. Well spotted.
The wildflowers on your walk and the flowers in your garden are beautiful, and the tomatoes are looking good.
Cousin camp sounds like fun. Looking forward to reading about it.
Post a Comment