Pages

Monday, March 11, 2024

Waiting for Spring

We've had a mix of weather here lately, some days with the sun shining, several where it's been kind of misty and raining.  This time of year isn't very pretty here, but I know that soon we'll have some Spring flowers blooming!
In the meantime, this is what things are looking like.


The ditches are full of water, and the dirt roads are pretty messy.




There are still a few leaves hanging on the trees.  I can't wait for this to be green again!





The cows aren't bothered by any of this weather.





I did get this cute wreath for my back entry and it adds some Spring feel to the house!




And here's my funny shot of the week. This truck was at my neighbors house doing some repair work. At first glance I thought the doors were open and someone was inside it. Then I realized that was a painting of Elvis on the doors.  On the bottom it says "Thank you. Thank you very much!"

18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a funny work van! Your photos look much prettier than your description. Moody and misty.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh that decal on that truck is so clever! Love it. This is transition time and anything can happen weather-wise, but hang on! Soon enough it will be springtime and warm! xoxo

Mandy said...

That is a very beautiful wreath! I really like that. And I am cracking up at that work van! It fooled me, too! Haha! Whoever painted that has some serious skills!

roentare said...

Elvis is still alive

Sandy said...

I hear ya on the "ugly" period before things green up and bloom. I've been keeping flowers inside because I need to see color. The Elvis picture on the truck is hysterical. I'll bet when it's in traffic people are a bit taken back until they're close enough to see what's really going on.
Sandy's Space

Sparky said...

I know y'all are anxious for more color and blue skies. Hopefully that will be soon.
Who knew when Elvis left the building he went into the Trades?! lol
Blessings.

Susan said...

I like your wreath. Those cows look content. They just need their food right?

Happy@Home said...

Spring is always such a welcome sight after the drabness of late winter.
That work van is hilarious and, no doubt, brings lots of smiles and laughs to people traveling behind it.

Jeanette said...

I am so over Winter too! That truck is funny!

happyone said...

Nice to know what ever March weather is like, Spring is still on the way. :)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari. Our March weather is up and down too! We had some beautiful, sunny days over the weekend, but today is cloudy and rainy and we may get a bit of snow tomorrow. The back of that repair van is humorous for sure. Makes people take a second look. See you again soon!

Billie Jo said...

Oh my goodness! That painting is life-like!!!! I love your wreath. It looks perfect. Have a cozy evening, my friend.

Connie said...

That van would truly get your attention if you came up to it while driving.
Your new wreath is so pretty and I know that I've said it before but your paneling is absolutely gorgeous :)

Dianna said...

Love the Elvis painting on the back of the van. When I first saw the picture I thought it was a man in the back with the doors open.

Kim said...

Love the wreath...and that van is hysterical!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I can't complain this year - feels like Spring is on the way with all the unusually mild weather. Loving it! Seeing robins everywhere now. That van is so clever and they sure did a great job! ;)

Prims By The Water said...

LOL on the van. Suppose to have some thunderstorms roll in tomorrow. Janice

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the wreath and that van is brilliant :)

All the best Jan