Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Cooking Thursday

The recipe I'm sharing today is one I've shared before, but I recently made this for a birthday at work and was reminded how good it was, so I'm sharing it again.  There is a moist vanilla cake, then a layer of raspberry filling, topped with a luscious vanilla, cream cheese frosting. This cake is not only delicious, it's really pretty.  It also makes a whole sheet cake, so is perfect for a large gathering. I'm telling you - if you need a treat for something, you need to make this.



Vanilla Raspberry Sheet Pan Cake 

Cake:
4 egg whites
1 cup water
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Betty Crocker French Vanilla Cake mix 
In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk egg whites, water, oil, sour cream, and vanilla until smooth.
Add cake mix and stir until smooth. Spread into a greased 13 x 18 inch rimmed baking sheet
Bake for 15-18 minutes at 325 degrees or until gently pressed the cake springs back.
Cool for about 10-15 minutes and poke holes all over the surface of the cake using a fork. 

Raspberry Filling:
12 ounce package frozen raspberries
3 ounce package raspberry jello
In a microwave safe dish heat half of the frozen raspberries until hot and bubbly.
Add jello and stir until dissolved.
Dump in the remaining half of the frozen raspberries and blend until smooth.
Pour over poked cake. Refrigerate until completely chilled. 

Whipped Vanilla Frosting:
2-8 ounce packages cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
4 cups heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form, and set aside.
In a stand mixer beat cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until combined.
Add whipped cream and vanilla, whisk together.
Spread over cake and top with fresh raspberries.   
Refrigerate until ready to serve and refrigerate leftovers.

21 comments:

Debby said...

That does sound good. I’m thinking you could also use frozen strawberries as well.

roentare said...

It looks a great cake to enjoy

KEV. Robertson. said...

Oh-wow! The Cake looks absolutely scrumptious MARI - certainly a delight.

My Tata's Cottage said...

You are a busy little baker. Love this cake. YUM! Hugs to you and enjoy the weekend.

My Tata's Cottage said...

You are such a busy little baker! Love the cake, oh yum yum yum. Hope you have a great weekend. The time flies away. Hugs to you.

Catherine said...

It sounds good! I like the frosting and raspberries !

Pamela M. Steiner said...

This looks so delicious, and light and tasty! Perfect kind of dessert! I may try this one for one of our church pot luck dinners. Thanks for sharing it! have a lovely weekend!

Terri D said...

It looks and sounds delicious! This would make a great Easter dessert since it is so pretty!! Thanks, Mari!

16 blessings'mom said...

This makes my mouth water, oh dear, I love white cake and berries, and the frosting/topping looks so good too. I wouldn't make it unless all the kids were coming over or I was bringing it somewhere....:)

Suemn said...

Oh my gosh! That looks so-o-o good.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh my - just copied this to file away! This is so up my alley - and Annie's too. Might have to give her subtle hint of what her bday cake should be this spring. Lol 😉 Thanks for sharing!💕

happyone said...

Yummy, delicious.

Ginny Hartzler said...

It IS really pretty!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Oh this does sound like such a delicious cake - I love fresh raspberries and vanilla cake - oh so good! Many blessings to you!

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks good :)

All the best Jan

Billie Jo said...

This looks amazing! I am passing it on to Peyton!!!

Prims By The Water said...

Love this recipe. YUM YUM YUM Janice

Veronica Lee said...

This cake looks absolutely divine!😋

Have a great weekend, Mari!

Kim said...

Mmm....this looks so good!

Jenny the Pirate said...

OK this is a real winner. For the past several years when we all gather on Memorial Day and celebrate Erica's birthday, I have tasked Chad with picking out and buying her a birthday cake from the store. But this year, I'm going to make this instead! He can bring the balloons, hahhaa! xoxo

Dianna said...

Oh my! I definitely need to make this for the next covered dish meal we have at church. Thank you for sharing the recipe.