Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Cooking Thursday

The recipe I'm sharing today is one I originally got from the Pioneer Woman, but I've changed it up a little to suit our tastes. I don't make this often, but it's a fun snack for a gathering and I often make it when we take trips.  It travels well and is a yummy treat on those long drives.
I usually make this in a disposable turkey roaster.  The large size makes it easy to stir up and it will fit a double batch if you want a bunch.



Popcorn Snack Mix

4 cups popped popcorn (I buy a bag of air popped pop corn)
3 cups toasted corn cereal squares (such as Chex)
2 cups miniature pretzel twists
2 cups Cheerios 
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 stick salted butter
4 tbsp.light corn syrup 
1 1/2 tsp.vanilla extract
3/4 tsp.baking soda

Preheat the oven to 300 ̊. Line a baking sheet with foil. (If you use the diposable turkey roaster you can skip this step).
In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, cereal, pretzels and Cheerios.
In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, without stirring, 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and carefully stir in the vanilla and baking soda. Pour over the popcorn mixture and stir until coated.
Spread the mixture on the prepared pan and bake, stirring every 10 minutes, until evenly coated, about 30 minutes. Transfer the pan to a rack and let cool completely, stirring occasionally.

16 comments:

Dianna said...

I know someone at this house who would love this! I'll have to add this to my Mari's section of the recipe book. It would be perfect to make when our grandson comes to visit also. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love her. I tape all her shows and decorated and painted our kitchen in her colors and appliances.

acorn hollow said...

Well that sounds pretty tasty.
cathy

Latane Barton said...

Wow. I'll have to try that. I love my snacks and I have a sweet tooth. this ought to satisfy both.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh I love me a PW recipe! Lol And this sounds heavenly!! yummy! 😋

happyone said...

That looks good!!! I'll have to give it a try!!
Thanks.

Kim said...

Mmmm...that looks so good.

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks good :)

All the best Jan

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness!! I want some right now, please!!

Prims By The Water said...

Yummy Yum Yum! Janice

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

This sounds so delicious. Nothing I love better than salt and sugar. Unfortunately I'm having to limit sugar these days! Enjoy :)

Melanie said...

This looks wonderful!

Jenny the Pirate said...

This sounds truly wonderful and I have copied the recipe! Thanks for another great one, Mari my friend xoxo

Chris said...

I can't imagine anyone not liking this, sounds super. I'd love it while watching TV!

Michelle said...

This sounds really good. I enjoy her recipes.

Debi said...

Yum!