Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2024

Easter Celebration

 Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!
We had a full morning at church; we were the greeters and especially enjoyed seeing all the little kids come in their cute outfits.
 We had a great message and enjoyed singing some classic Easter hymns.
Later in the day our girls and their families came over.  It was cloudy and cold, but not raining so we had an egg hunt in the back yard.


Some of the eggs were hidden, some not so much!





Cassie had a great time gathering eggs.





So did Alaina and Ruby who helped point out the hidden ones to Cassie.











I found the bunny ears at our dollar store and got the girls to pose for me.






They came in and sorted the eggs out.




Look at the frightening bunnies I found in the kitchen.   :)




We had a yummy supper which included this finger jello.  I found this cute little jello mold of bunny butts and I knew the girls would think they were hilarious!





Laura brought this pretty little pot of daffodils.

It was a wonderful day, time well spent with church family and our family and a celebration of the resurrection.


"He is not here; He has risen, just as He said."
Matthew 28:6



20 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The photo of the three girls in their bunny ears is beautiful! They are all three smiling and look so pretty! The men don't make bad bunnies either!

Linda said...

Beautiful, Mari. I simply can't believe how the girls are growing, sure warms my heart, smiles.

Suemn said...

You always make each get-together so fun for your granddaughters. I'm sure they never know what to expect:)

http://peacefulheartopenmind.blogspot.com/ said...

Happy Easter and blessings on you and yours.

R's Rue said...

Amen

Henny Penny said...

Mari, I checked in just to see if the girls got to go outside for Easter. They are so cute looking for Easter eggs. I can't believe how much Elaina and Ruby have grown...or is it that Cassie is so little. :) Cassie has grown too. I love the two big bunnies you found in the kitchen! :) You have adorable granddaughters. I love the Bible verse.

Dianna said...

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful Easter celebration...both at church and at home with your family there.

I love the way that Ruby and Alaina help Cassie when they are doing things together. All three of your girls are so sweet, Mari.

Sparky said...

The kids are so cute! Looks like the had a good time. I did literally LOL when I saw the fella's with the ears on! The looks on their faces ...
Blessings.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Aawww - what a lovely sounding Easter. The girls in those ears is the most precious pic!! Even the scary bunnies were pretty cute. Lol 😁
I have no doubt those bunny butts were a hit. Lol!!
Daffodils just make me smile. Yours are so beautiful! Blessings. xo

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Nothing better than precious family to celebrate Easter with! You are an amazing grandmother! Many blessings to you!

Happy@Home said...

You are such a fun grandma. One can learn alot from you.
Your Easter celebration sounds and looks like it was enjoyed by everyone (even the frightening bunnies :).

Jenny the Pirate said...

Truly a beautiful Easter together! I'm sorry it was cold but at least hearts were warm! Love you all xoxo

Catherine said...

I love thé picture of the girls looking for eggs with their basket and bunny ears, so cute. I think you enjoyed your day with church and your family!

Mandy said...

Aww! The bunny butts ARE hilarious! Haha! I love that! It looks like the girls had a lot of fun hunting eggs! Always enjoy your family get-together posts!

Prims By The Water said...

Dont know about those bunnies. I would watch out for them. LOL My family did an easter egg hunt at the church. They had one gold egg for each child to find which had $5.00 in it. Wish I could have joined in that hunt. LOL Janice

Michelle said...

I LOVE the bunny butts! Totally something I would do. Looks like a wonderful time.

Jean said...

Fun pictures! I was so sad the Elizer was with Alex for the weekend. He was so looking forward to hunting Easter eggs at our house like last year.

I love those daffodils!

Terri D said...

Gosh, I thought I already posted a comment but I don't see it. Anyway, I love the photos of the girls. The bunny butt jello is crazy cute! Glad you had such a fun Easter, Mari. xo

Kim said...

I caught your cute family on Instagram and they made me smile with their ears! Looks like you had a blessed day. Happy Easter!

Lowcarb team member said...

A wonderful day.
I enjoyed seeing your photographs.

All the best Jan