Pages

Monday, March 25, 2024

Coloring Eggs

We had fun on Saturday with all 3 of our granddaughters.  I had seen a few fun ways to color eggs and wanted to try it with them.


Here we are, ready to start.  Bob isn't scowling, just concentrating on something Ruby was showing him.  :)



Our first type of eggs were called volcano eggs.  You paint a design on the egg with food coloring, then sprinkle baking soda on it and squirt vinegar over top.  It foams up and spreads the food coloring around.  As a bonus, it's fun for the kids to watch.




Here's Alaina working on her design.




And Ruby's work of art!




The next eggs were done with Cool Whip.  You put cool whip in a bowl and then drop food coloring into it.  Swirl it to make a pattern and then roll the eggs through it.  These eggs have to sit with the cool whip on for about 1/2 hour and then wipe it off.



Cassie was having such fun just watching her cousins.




When we were done, Grandpa had them sampling the whipped cream which they all thought was such fun!











They each did 6 eggs, so we put them in egg cartons I had cut in half.



Cassie loves to play downstairs in our family room, so we went down there for a few hours.




Alaina and Ruby are so good with Cassie, and she was having a great time playing with them.




They even did some "cooking" and playing "restaurant" in the play house.









We finished the day by going to Chik-fil-A for supper, before bringing them back home.
We sure do love these girls, and love spending time with them!



17 comments:

Debi said...

It's always fun at your house! Your girls are lovely, I love watching them grow, you are so lucky to have them close by! Have a great week!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Grandchildren are such a blessing. Your granddaughters are beautiful and I know you love spending time with them, and they love being with you and Bob! Coloring Easter Eggs is something I have enjoyed since I was a little girl. It's still fun and creative. Have a great week!

Mandy said...

I've never heard of the volcano method, but I really like that! I hope that if I'm a grandma someday, I'm half as much fun as you and your husband are with these girls!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The girls are just so beautiful! And clearly love each other so much. As usual, you found the perfect fun crafts!! I may even try the Cool Whip ones!

Catherine said...

I planned to do some baking with little Maxime when he comes. He likes “ goodies” as he says! It’s nice to have the three girls together and the eggs look great after being decorated!

Sparky said...

Gosh, that all looks like such fun! In my next life (giggle) would you adopt me?! It's so nice to see the kids happy, smiling and creating. They did a fantastic job on the eggs.
God bless you all. 💙

Jenny the Pirate said...

Those eggs are gorgeous!!!!! I have not colored an egg for Easter in so many years, I can't even remember. The Cool Whip one is my favorite because I'd have a ball getting a green tongue eating all of the leftovers!!!! I love Alaina's green fingernails and oooooh that precious picture of the three of them has gone into my AlainaRubyCassie file!!! xoxo

Dianna said...

You find the most intriging crafts to do with your grandgirls. It's such a blessing how the older girls love their little cousin so much. It's quite obvious in the pictures you have shared.

happyone said...

Looks like fun.
When my kids were little we just did it the old fashion way. :) I remember the year when they both said, Do we have to color eggs this year. :(

Prims By The Water said...

Oh how I miss the days of dying eggs with both my kids and grands. These turned out just wonderful. I had not heard about the kool whip trick. Janice

Jeanette said...

What a fun time! Your granddaughters are adorable!

Terri D said...

Precious girls, precious grandparents, and precious memories are being made. I always love reading about your fun times with those three sweet girls!

Happy@Home said...

What fun you must have had making these wonderful Easter memories with your sweet granddaughters. I wish I would have seen this post before I went to Florida last week. I would have tried these new Easter egg decorating methods with my grandson.

Susan said...

You do such fun things with your grands! I remember doing things when mine were younger. Three are teenagers now and their interest have changed. Our 9 year old likes to have fun and loves the games. I will be busy filling plastic eggs with change I have collected since last Easter. Thanks for sharing!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Such a clever and creative Crew! Love how all the eggs turned out. Love the whipped topping version better than the shaving cream one because you can take a taste! Lol You sure have some beautiful Sweeties there Grandma. :)

My Tata's Cottage said...

Lots of great projects with your girls! So sweet and those ideas are so neat. They are all so artistic. Thanks for sharing, always a pleasure to stop by. Take care and enjoy the remainder of this week. HUGS

Lowcarb team member said...

Fun, fun fun ... such special times.
Great photographs.

All the best Jan