Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Cooking Thursday

Today's recipe is for hot chicken buns, something that is easy to make, tasty and can be made ahead and heated in the crockpot. I always try to keep some shredded rotisserie chicken in the freezer, and that makes it super quick to throw together.



Hot Chicken Buns

3 - 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 box Stove Top stuffing
1-2 cans cream of chicken or cream of celery soup
Chicken broth - optional if mix seems too thick

Stir together shredded chicken and stuffing (Not prepared, use mix right out of box).  Stir in soup and add broth if it seems too thick. (I use 2 cans of soup and haven't needed the broth)
You can then put this in crockpot and heat on low for 3-4 hours.  It can be made ahead of time and placed in frig, reheat in crockpot.
* You can also serve this over hot biscuits.

17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

An awesome recipe, and one I have never seen.

Debby said...

It’s just the two of us and this sounds really tasty. I’ll have to give it a try soon. We’re eating things like meatloaf sandwiches and old school types of sandwiches (egg salad, tuna, chicken) to get away from lunch meat sandwiches.

Mandy said...

That sounds so wonderful! Going to try this one soon!

Susan said...

This sounds so good!

Catherine said...

It looks good and quick !

happyone said...

Yummy.
I too keep frozen shredded chicken in the freezer. Comes in mighty handy!!

Barbara said...

How many of these can I have without looking like a pig?

Prims By The Water said...

I usually make this with mashed potatoes. Love it. Janice

Dianna said...

This sounds yummy...especially over biscuits!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Easy and yummy - my middle and last names. Lol Over biscuits sounds so good! Maybe throw in some bacon and ranch seasoning for a chicken bacon ranch kinda deal. Thanks for sharing! :)

Romance Reader said...

Sounds like a good recipe. Thanks.

Lowcarb team member said...

Chicken is so good ...

All the best Jan

Veronica Lee said...

This recipe sounds like a winner for those busy weeknights when you want something comforting but don't have a lot of time to spare.😋

Hugs and blessings, Mari

Sola Scriptura said...

I had to laugh. Here in the UK a biscuit is what you would call a cookie. Seriously though, this looks like a really good recipe. I’ll put it on my menu to try!

Terri D said...

Another great recipe to save. My church group would like this, I think! Thanks, Mari!

Kim said...

Mmm...sounds like the all the best parts of Thanksgiving dinner wrapped in a sandwich!

Jenny the Pirate said...

I'm being comforted just looking at the picture! xoxo