Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Spring (or Winter) Wonderland!

On the calendar, it says it's Spring.



I posted this cute picture on Facebook on the first day of Spring, last week.  It was cold but the snow had melted and I knew Spring was around the corner...


But then Friday came.  The weathermen were predicting a "significant" snow storm.  When I got up, it had arrived.  There was heavy snow on the ground  and when I turned on the morning news at 6, I saw many schools cancelled, predictions for more snow and they said - If you can work from home, this is the day to do it.
So I put on some snuggly warm clothes, got out my computer and worked from home. As I worked, I saw the snow coming down much of the day.

Mid-morning I took a few pictures out the windows.


Here's a shot of the back yard with the snow falling.




And one from the front/side of the house.



When my work day was done, I put on my coat and walked around the yard to check out the snow fall.  It wasn't snowing nearly as hard as it had been earlier.


Do you see that little dark spot in front of the tree? That's the crocus I showed you last week.  It's all covered but the tip of a leaf.  It should be ok when the snow melts.  Crocus are hardy little plants.




Our street




Looking across the porch to the side yard.





And snow accumulating on a bush in the back yard.

We got around 7 inches of snow in 24 hours.  That's not horrible, and it does look pretty, but it's too much when we're so ready for Spring!




On Saturday the sun was out, the temps were still cold, but over freezing and much of the snow melted.  I'm thankful this storm was short lived.

17 comments:

acorn hollow said...

We got a snowstorm on Saturday and got 21 inches of snow when it was all said and done. I could have done without it as we are hosting Easter this coming Sunday.
Cathy

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari. That's quite a snow storm. So glad you could work from home on Friday and that the snow is melting now. Have a good week.

roentare said...

The snow sceneries are very gorgeous

Linda said...

WOWOWOWOWOW. I sometimes miss the snow, but I also like the warmth, but I will be changing my mind soon when the humidity hits, lol.

Catherine said...

It will never stop snowing! But I remember for my Birthday in April we had sometimes snow!

Jeanette said...

That's a lot of snow! We were on the west side of the state on Sunday and Monday and it was snowing pretty good!

happyone said...

One thing nice about spring snows is that it melts fast.

Pam said...

OH MY!!!! SNOW....glad it is not us. We are in the last bit of spring...I HOPE! This yr has been a rough one with pollen. Enjoy your snow.

Kim said...

Welcome spring!! Hahaha!! Oh gosh, don't you love this season? It's very pretty, but I hope it melts soon.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh my word whaaaaat??? Haha I am reminded of one year when the kids were small (we only had the two older girls) and TG went on an overnight trip in late March. In fact he got home on April 1st and no fooling, it had begun to snow that morning and by the time he got home that evening, the snow was up to his knees in front of our porch! And he is six foot four. UGH none for me, thanks! Hahahha happy Easter week, my dear friend! xoxo

Happy@Home said...

Those spring snowstorms are one thing I don't miss about living in Michigan.
I'm glad it was short lived. I have to admit it still looks pretty.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Snowmaggedon hit here yesterday. Foot of snow and another foot coming today and then freezing ring. Spring has left the building. 😁
But embracing the cozy and it sure looks pretty outside - like your pics. I hope you're spared more and I know it won't last long here too. 🙏🏻💕

Sparky said...

Goodness! Bet you're glad you didn't plant any flowers or veg's yet. Pretty pictures.
Blessings. 💙

Dianna said...

I think I would have cried. Glad that you were able to work from home that day.

Billie Jo said...

Wow! The spring snowfalls can often be the most significant! Like you said, though, the are always short lived! Beautiful!!!!

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness, Mari. I can't even imagine snow and COLD anymore. I wear a sweater when it is low 70s in the morning! I'm so glad you were able to work from home and hope the girls got to stay home from school and enjoy a snow day.

Mandy said...

Oh wow! That is a lot of snow! At least it is to me! Haha! That's hard to imagine because everything is "greening up" here. I hope Spring will find you soon!