Pages

Sunday, September 24, 2023

Pics from the last week

 Here's a few pics of happenings in my world in the last week.



You may remember that we had to get a new drainfield put in this summer, and then take down a big maple tree in the back yard.  This left a big mess back there, with very little lawn left, and flower gardens dug up.   Bob's been hard at work, clearing the weeds that had grown. hauling and leveling dirt and getting ready for a lawn. This week he spread the grass seed and is now trying to keep it watered.  Hopefully we will soon have more than dirt!






In the meantime, here's a look at what's happening in the front yard.  It's raining acorns!  We can literally sit and the porch and listen to them fall.  This is what our whole yard looks like. Can you see them all?  One year Bob picked up 11 wheelbarrows of acorns just from the front yard.  This is looking to be a similar year.







Alaina and Ruby came over and we played a new game I picked up called Mantis. It's a quick, fun game that involves matching colors, stealing cards from each other and trying to score.  They loved it.





Ruby went home for the night, but Alaina stayed over. On Saturday, Alaina went out and gathered a bag of acorns to take home for the squirrels by them.  They always say their squirrels don't get acorns so they take some home.  :)






Before I brought Alaina home, we stopped to see Ann. She's always happy to see us.






The spirea in the back yard have started blooming again!






This cute little cowboy came by on Saturday night.  Heather and Andrew found this costume in a second hand shop and Cassie was so excited, she had to show it to us.







I think she may be the cutest cowboy I've seen.  :)

17 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

That cowboy costume is just darling, and Cassie looks darling in it. I may have to see if I can get one of those Mantis games for my grandkids. They enjoy family games. Wow, you have a lot of acorns - I am sure that the squirrels in your yard are well fed. So cute of Alaina to want to take some acorns home for the squirrels in her own yard. Have a great week. See you again soon!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Cassie makes the cutest cowboy ever! I am going to Amazon and looking up Mantis. the Spirea are gorgeous, and the ground looks all level and well prepared for whatever you will do with it.

Catherine said...

At first I did not recognise Cassie… she is adorable ! Acorns are very good for pigs but I don’t think your garden would survive! 😆 so many acorns! I am glad you had the girls overnight they look happy to stay with you.

roentare said...

The little ones really make any day special.

Suemn said...

Cassie is so very cute in her cowboy outfit. Ha! The acorns on my oak tree stopped falling at the beginning of September but they started falling 3 months earlier and I had the most acorns I ever remember. It was so much work to keep the patio cleared of them. Ugh! But I still love my oak tree:)

happyone said...

That is a lot of acorns!!
Lots of work getting the ground cleared and level.
I like you milk can. I have a few of them too.

Mandy said...

Always so great to see the girls! And Ann! She looks like she is doing well! I love the spirea plant! That's such a pretty color!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Awwwww giddyap Cassie!!! Cutest cowgirl for sure. Alaina taking acorns to their squirrels is just too cute! The acorns let loose and hit our sunroom roof so hard it makes me practically jump out of my skin! I know TG can't wait to start scooping them up. Haahaha xoxo

Jennifer said...

Yes, that is one cute cowgirl!! What a fun find! I can't believe all those acorns! Wheelbarrows full - wow! A squirrel's delight. I don't think we have a single acorn! Hope you have a wonderful Monday!!

Happy@Home said...

Oh my goodness, she is an adorable cowboy. Such special times with your granddaughters. How sweet that Alaina is looking out for the squirrels.

Terri D said...

Tour grandgirls are all adorable, Mari!! And Cassie as a cowgirl is beyond precious! I'm sure your lawn will start looking green and lovely again come Spring! I don't miss the acorns at our other house. None of those here, thank goodness. xo

Debi said...

Cassie is an adorable cowgirl! How sweet of Alaina to want to give the squirrels a treat. Bet you will be glad to have grass again! Have a great week.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Happy new week dear Mari!
You truly do have an acorn problem. Lol Holy moly!! I thought it was the sweetest ever that Alaina wanted to bring some so their squirrels can have some too. Grandma's squirrels don't need to hog them all if they have such an abundance. 😂 Lol
So sweet that you visit Anne so regularly. You can see how much it makes her day.
And Cassie is SO adorable!! Aaron wore a Woody from Toy Story costume that was a lot like that when he was like 4 or 5. It was one of my faves. She's such a Doll. xo

Susan said...

Hi Mari, I enjoyed all the pictures. Love Cassie's new look! I would collect those acorns for decor. I like to look at the squirrels when we go to a big park near us. You are lucky you get the seasons. Have a great week!

Susan said...

I wrote a long post, but something went wrong. I loved all your pictures!

Jeanette said...

Nice pictures! What a nice thing for Alaina to bring acorns to the squirrels at her house! Cassie is adorable in her cowboy outfit!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Your yard looks like a squirrel paradise with all those acorns.
Cassie definitely is the cutest cowgirl ever.
Love the picture of Alaina and Ann.