Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Cooking Thursday

 Since Bob is only working 2 days a week, he's been trying to make a few meals. He's never cooked much; grilling burgers and steaks and making grilled cheese and pancakes has been his mainstays.
So this is a new venture!  I've been keeping my eyes open for things that are easy for him to try out. This is one he did; something a little different and tasty too!



Chicken Club Roll Ups
1 can crescent roll dough
4 chicken tenders, cooked.  You can use Rotisserie chicken, packaged tenders, even breaded ones - whichever you choose
8 slices bacon
4 slices cheese - cheddar, swiss, pepperjack, co-jack. Your choice!
Ranch dressing or BBQ sauce

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Open crescent dough.  If you have the type that is just dough, cut it into 4 squares.  If it's the rolls, pinch the triangles together to make 4 rectangles.
Spread about 2 teaspoons of ranch or BBQ sauce on each of the 4 sections.
Add a slice of cheese, torn to fit.
Add 2 slices bacon.
Add chicken over bacon.
Roll up and place seam side down on baking sheet.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
May serve with extra ranch or BBQ sauce for dipping.
This make 4 rolls, you may double for a larger family.

* Bob made his with BBQ sauce and cheddar cheese, mine had Ranch and swiss cheese.  Both were good!

17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Looks really good! I made a similar one the other night, only used tortillas instead of crescent rolls.

roentare said...

That looks very yummy!

acorn hollow said...

That sounds good and any time someone wants to cook for me makes it all the better
Cathy

Terri D said...

Easy and delicious!! Thanks, Mari!! Way to go, Bob!!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi MARI- All looks delicious and with an easy recipe- good on you BOB.

Suemn said...

This looks to be a really quick and tasty recipe.

Katelyn R. said...

yum!! great job Uncle Bob!!

Susan said...

This sound like a perfect dish to share with friends. Thanks for sharing Bob's recipes!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Easy and delish - my kinda recipe! And I always love recipes like this, that are easy to customize to how folks want them. Perfect kiddo recipe too! 😋

Debi said...

These look yummy. I love anything made with crescent rolls! Thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

I love an easy recipe! Sounds like you have a great new kitchen helper. I can't wait to see what he cooks up next!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love that Bob is doing more cooking. I have been trying to convince Charly to follow Bob's fine example. ;-) This sounds really good. Will have to give it a try. Have a good weekend!

Catherine said...

Easy to prepare and tastes good I am sure. Congratulations to the new cook!

Jeanette said...

Those look good! Rich will try to make anything as long as I give him a recipe to use. Plus he makes spaghetti sauce almost as good as I do now!

Billie Jo said...

Hello, my friend. Thank you for sharing this!!!! It looks delicious! Steve says he is going to start cooking some, too, as he is retired. I will show this to him! Have a cozy weekend!

Prims By The Water said...

YUM sounds good! Janice

My Tata's Cottage said...

Looks so good. YUM!