Pages

Monday, September 4, 2023

A Day in my Life

 September is here!  The first day of the month was a very busy one for me, so here's a bunch of photo's to show you how it went.


It was a beautiful morning, only 54 degrees and the sun rising when I left for work.  This field is just around the corner from our house and they had just been haying the day before, so you can see a few hay bales beyond the leaves.




This is about 10 minutes from home, such a pretty street with the sun shining through the trees.




Then these cows I see most every day either going in to work or coming home. There are some little ones out there that I have enjoyed watching grow.




Further along I saw this field of corn.  It's getting its tassels which means it's almost harvest time.

I so enjoy my drive back and forth from work! (except in the winter)
It takes me about 35 minutes, but there are so many pretty sights along the way.




I got to work about 8:15, with time to get all set up to start at 8:30.
See the pink sign?  One of my co-workers put it up because I have things from my Granddaughters tacked up around there.  It says "Welcome to Grandma's corner".   :)





Here's a pic out the window at work. We are next to a golf course and the golfers were out on this day. You can see a golf cart under the tree in the middle of the picture.
We have different things we are assigned to each day.  One person does labs, another does prescriptions, another deals with Dr orders - like getting medical equipment, doing referrals.  My job on this day was taking care of all the faxes from the facilities we cover, things like someone with a fever, a fall, a rash.., notifying the Dr and getting back to the facility with orders. I also had to do a few death certificates.
It was a quieter day than usual, until about 4:50, when things suddenly got crazy.  That meant I got out a little late, at 5:10.




Here's the drive back toward home.  Along the way I saw some hay out to dry.




And a sign of the season - pumpkins and mums for sale.


 


I met Bob and we drove into town for supper.  Look at that blue sky!




We enjoyed our supper, chicken mac and cheese for Bob and Chicken Quesadilla's for me.




We went to the store for a few things and then headed home.




On my way home, I caught the sun going down.




I had a few things to do when I got home. The store had these Rotisserie chickens on sale for $5.99.  I had a coupon for $2 off, so that was a great deal.  I took the meat off the bone and put it in the freezer for a meal later.




I had a few other things to do. We had a family reunion to go to on Saturday so I knew it would be a busy day.  I mixed up this Toffee Apple Dip so it was ready the next day.



I also needed a dessert for the weekend, so I made this frozen ice cream dessert.  It's easy, just needs a little time to freeze between layers.


And that was it for the day.  It was 9pm, time to sit down and do some internet browsing.
It was a good day as they usually are!  I'm blessed!

21 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari. I always enjoy your first of the month posts. You live in such a beautiful area. The treats you made look really good. Maybe you will share the recipes on Cooking Thursday. Glad that your September is off to a good start. See you again soon!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Oh Mari such delightful photos on your travels to and from work. Always wonderful to hear from you. I love your photos that you share and your loved ones. Take care. I am going to designate one day a week to catching up on all the comments and visiting everyone I can. I appreciate oyur friendship and enjoy your stories so much. Take care and have a blessed and beautiful week.

My Tata's Cottage said...

What a yummy cake! Our son-in-law Zach is experimenting with different cupcake recipes for the baby shower next month and Rebekah is making different tea sandwiches. It has been fun eating all their creations. Have a great week. HUGS & PRAYERS & LOVE to you and yours.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your trip to work is so pretty! And the first thing I noticed in your office was the pink sign! The dinner looks so GOOD!!!

roentare said...

I love the landscapes variety here.

Donna said...

Looks like you had an enjoyable work day! And busy!
hugs
Donna

Mari said...

Hi Deb! The recipes are linked in the post. Enjoy!

Sparky said...

Great photos. It's so pretty there. xx

Suemn said...

Hi Mari, Thanks for sharing the pictures and your post. How you still have the energy to write your posts and bake after a long day at work is amazing. I enjoy seeing all the photos you post.

acorn hollow said...

It's nice you enjoy your ride in and out of work. They are having the fields below us it always smells so good
Cathy

Jeanette said...

Your office picture made me kind of miss my cubicle at work! I had all sorts of pics of the grandsons and decorated it for every season! You have a beautiful drive to work!

Catherine said...

I also drove through fields early this morning as it is very, very hot today more than 30 degrees C we are back to summer! Your pictures are very nice and the food looks very 😊

Jenny the Pirate said...

Sounds like a perfectly idyllic day! Wow that toffee dip looks good ... xoxo

Happy@Home said...

Your drive to work looks so peaceful. I would much prefer it to traveling on the interstate. I also think your golf course view at work looks peaceful. :)
That toffee dip sounds yummy. Thank you for sharing your recipes.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Awww - looks like one of those perfect late summer days up here in our Midwest. ;) I love your work view - and the drive to get there. So pretty. Even mums and pumpkins (wink wink 😉 ) Dinner looked yummy and you're such a gal after my own heart with planning ahead and all things food related! Lol

Prims By The Water said...

How delightful you were able to go out and enjoy dinner with Bob. That road reminds me of the tunnel of trees one on the west side of our state. I will need to make this ice cream dessert. Chocolate. YUM! I made an apple dump cake yesterday. Served it with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. Also lovely pictures and how nice to have your co-worker add that sign. Janice

Terri D said...

You have such a beautiful drive to work! Mine takes 25-30 minutes but it is all busy streets and traffic lights. I would much prefer your views!! Love & hugs!!

Beth Cotell said...

You have such a beautiful drive to and from work! Such a lovely area you live in.

Debi said...

You have a really beautiful ride into work. It looks so peaceful.

Kim said...

Mari, your positive personality shines though every one of your posts. It's always uplifting to visit your blog. Thank you for sharing your day in the life posts, I especially enjoy these...they really make me think about the sunshine that can be found in the little things. ❤️

Jean said...

What a productive day!! I love that you and Bob met for dinner. Dick and I haven't done that in quite a while. We used to like to go to Denny's, but that closed. And besides, there's a certain little man that's usually with us till his mamma gets off work.