Pages

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Cooking Thursday

 It's apple season!  One of my favorite recipes with apples is this apple pie.  This is a recipe that I took parts of 2 different recipes and put together. It's really good. The filling is sweet and juicy, and the crunchy topping is perfect.



Mom's Apple Pie
Combine:
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Press out any lumps. Add 6 large tart apples, peeled and sliced. Toss well.
Place unbaked pie crust in 9 inch pie plate. Fill pastry shell with apple mix.
Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Stir together sugar and flour, then cut in better until mixture is crumbly. Spread over filling.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes or until browned.

19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Sounds and looks great, and perfect for fall!

roentare said...

I will need an apple strudel now.

Suemn said...

I love apple pie and the one you made looks delicious! I just made an apple danish from the danish puff pastry recipe that you posted. I used canned apples and I can't wait to try it along with the lemon danish I made at the same time:)

Jeanette said...

Looks yummy! Nothing better than apple pie with vanilla ice cream!

R's Rue said...

Yum

Billie Jo said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you!!!! This looks amazing! I am sharing it with Peyton!

Sandi said...

Yum!

Catherine said...

We did the same recipe. The apples were also juicy and it was very good with cinnamon. ( the parcel has been posted!)

happyone said...

Sure looks delicious!

Happy@Home said...

YUM!!! I have been in the mood for apple pie and this really looks good. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Jennifer said...

Oh, this is the second apple post I have read today. I think it must be sign...I need to make a pie! Was supposed to go to an orchard tomorrow but plans just cancelled. Sigh. But apple pie does sounds so fall-ish:)

Barbara said...

Looks wonderful. Would love to have a slice of that and a good conversation with you over the table.

Kim said...

Wow, that looks really, really good!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

My mouth is watering just thinking about this! Yum!!! I already copied this recipe. Thanks for sharing my Lovely. 🍎 💕

Prims By The Water said...

Me loves a good apple pie. TFS Janice

Terri D said...

That pie looks delicious! I have saved the recipe. It is a pie I think I might be able to make!! Thanks, Mari!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Yum! I can almost smell it cooking.

Veronica Lee said...

Oooo! I love apple pies!🥧
And yours looks divine 😋

Hugs and blessings, Mari

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well, yes please! Duly copied. xoxo