Pages

Monday, September 25, 2023

A little prim(itive), not so proper!

 My friend Janice, from Prims By the Water is a big fan of primitive decorating. Her house is decorated in that style and she even has a shop where she sells lots of antiques and fun things.
I had mentioned to her in a comment that I have a friend who also loves that style. Janice said I should post some of her stuff sometime.
So, the last time I was at her house, I asked my friend Barb if I could take some pictures and post them.  Barb is a sweetheart, talks a mile a minute and is loads of fun.  That's why I named this post, prim but not so proper.  :)
She was thrilled to share, said she didn't know how primitive her stuff was, but to share anyway.
So, Janice....   here you go!  A few snapshots from Barbs house. She has some real pieces, some reproductions and some that she just bought because she liked them.












I think that sheep is so cute!














I really like the light above the table.
Janice - is this primitive, or Americana, or a mix?
Whatever it is, I really like it.  Her home is always comfortable and inviting.

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love it all, and she is such a talented decorator. And the TABLE, amazing!!!! I did leave a comment to Janice, her things are great!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari. I really love that American Flag table. That's my favorite. It was fun seeing all of these things, and I went over and visited Janice's blog. She has lots of fun things. Thanks for sharing. Have a good week. See you again soon!

Catherine said...

Very nice! I love the sheep and the table is beautiful!

roentare said...

Clean and simple. Great interior photos

acorn hollow said...

Lovely I am a mix of styles
Cathy

Suemn said...

I really like the table! Very nice.

Jeanette said...

I'm not exactly sure what primitive decorating is but I do love that table! Actually, it does look very warm and inviting!

happyone said...

I LOVE this decorating style and have some in my house too.

Michelle said...

She has a lovely and inviting decorating style. I adore the flag table.

Prims By The Water said...

Thanks for sharing a part of Barb's prim home. Loved looking at each and every picture. That flag table with the Windsor chairs was the bomb! Please continue to share her home if she allows throughout the holidays if she does holidays. Also thanks for the plug for my blog. Much appreciated my friend! Janice

Terri D said...

I love that American flag table! Such lovely pieces - whatever style, I like it!!

Jenny the Pirate said...

You know I love it! You almost can't get it too primitive for me. xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

It's all so pretty. That table is so cool! It looks like a mix of styles to me. :) Thanks to you, and your lovely Friend, for sharing. xoxo