Pages

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Cooking Thursday

 During the summer, our church has several tables set up that people can bring extra produce from their gardens to share.  I've brought in tomatoes and basil, and have brought home things like beans and peppers.
Last week someone brought potatoes and there was still some left when we were leaving so I grabbed some, along with a few peppers.
Then I looked for a recipe that had potatoes and peppers in it and found this one.  It turned out so good, and got a big thumbs up from Bob too.



Balsamic Roasted Sausage, Potatoes and Peppers

1 pound Italian Sausage links, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 pound potatoes diced (I used my Julienne slicer instead)
1 small sweet onion, sliced thinly
1 red pepper, sliced thinly
1 green pepper, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Line baking sheet with parchment or foil.
Mix oil, vinegar, salt and pepper together.  Add  potatoes, peppers and garlic, toss to coat.
Stir in sausage links.
Spread onto baking sheet.  Bake for 20 minutes, then flip with spatula. Bake another 20 minutes until sausage is browned and potatoes and peppers are tender. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top and serve.

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks so good. And you could really eat it for breakfast, or lunch or dinner.

Deb J. in Utah said...

That's good. I think it's great that your church has a produce sharing table. Have a great weekend! See you again soon.

roentare said...

Looks like a very yummy dish!

Catherine said...

It is easy and I am sure taste good.
I will try it for my husband this week!

Terri D said...

Sounds and looks delicious! I love any recipe that goes in the oven in one pan and comes out so good!! Thanks for another keeper, Mari!

Sandi said...

That's a good use for french fries!

R's Rue said...

Yum

Michelle said...

A tasty and easy recipe, my favorite!

happyone said...

This is something we would love.
Will be making this for sure.
Thanks!!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I love that your church shares like that. ;) This recipe sounds sooo good! Something that would be really good with eggs too - like for brunch. yum!

acorn hollow said...

That sounds delicious. What a wonderful idea to share produce.
Cathy

Kim said...

A veggie swap?? What a great idea!! I think I'll mention this at the next meeting in our neighborhood.

Jeanette said...

Looks yummy!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Wow so rustic and delicious! xoxo

Debi said...

I love sheet pan meals. So easy and so delicious!