Pages

Monday, September 11, 2023

Sunflower Farm

Last week, I left for work early one morning last week, so I could stop and wander around the sunflower farm. The sun had risen not long before and it was a somewhat cloudy day.  But, the flowers were gorgeous!



This place has things like this set up for photo opportunities. They also provide clippers and jars, so you can cut your own bouquet.
I was only taking pictures on this morning.




They have more than just sunflowers. There are lots of other varieties of flowers to add to your bouquet.










After walking through rows of other flowers, here are the sunflowers!





So many types, big, small, and lots of colors.












Isn't this a pretty color?  I don't know if I've seen one in this shade before.





I am always drawn to the flower buds.  I think they are so intricate and fun to see the different stages.


























This one is ready to pop!





Here's a little bee enjoying the flowers too.
What a great way to start a day!  Then it was time to head on in to work.


19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your bud shots the best!!! And I love the big sunflower on the barn with the bright orange tractor in front.

Jenny the Pirate said...

WOW your pictures of the buds especially are just amazing, Mari! What a lovely way to spend any part of any day, walking amongst these magnificent creations. I want to see your bouquet! xoxo

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oops sorry ... I see that you said you were not there for a bouquet but only to take pictures! I wish I had been there too. xoxo

roentare said...

These are gorgeous sunflowers. Good series of portraits

Suemn said...

Hi Mari, It's so nice to see flowers still in bloom. Soon the leaves on the trees will be changing their color:)

Sparky said...

Many of our farmers here in Georgia have planted acres of Giant Sunflowers too. They are lovely. I drink it in every time we drive by, that's for sure. Also, I would really like to have that giant sunflower graphic that's on that barn for my yard! Super cool. Great photos.
Blessings. xx

Donna said...

Amazing! I'd love to walk through those fields!
hugs
Donna

Prims By The Water said...

That pink sunflower is so pretty! Janice

happyone said...

Oh I love sunflower farms.
You captured many beautiful flowers and buds!!!

acorn hollow said...

You said it what a lovely way to start your work day! such a wonderful idea.
Cathy

Billie Jo said...

My goodness, my friend! That last photo could be in a magazine!!!! What a neat place. Thank you for sharing it with us! Have a cozy evening!

Debi said...

I love sunflowers and was fortunate enough to grow a big garden of them this year. Some were over ten feet high! Right now the birds and the bees are having a field day with the seeds!

Terri D said...

Wow!! How beautiful and a great way to start your day, indeed! I would hang that big barn sunflower on my house!! Love it.

Kim said...

Your photos are always stunning!!

Catherine said...

I love sun flowers we have sun flower fields around us but this is the end now

Happy@Home said...

I can't think of a nicer way to start the morning. The sunflowers are all so pretty. Makes me want to go out and pick up a bouquet of them.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh my word - what gorgeous pics you captured! I love sunflowers...they just make you smile, don't they? ;) And I never thought about the beauty in the bud stage - love those you captured too. That different shade is so pretty. I can just imagine a whole field of them! 💗

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Love the pictures, especially the progression from bud to flower.
I also learned something new. I didn't know sunflowers came in different colors.

Susan said...

Hi Mari, I enjoyed your pictures of the sunflowers. Thanks for sharing!