Pages

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Cooking Thursday

 I had some leftover smoked pork that I needed to use, and in looking for recipes, I came across a few that sounded good.  I used things from both and came up with this chili.  I used 2 jalapeno peppers in mine, but if you don't want the heat, you could use only one, or none.
It was good, and the BBQ sauce adds some great flavor with the pork. I served it with cornbread and it was yummy!



Pulled Pork BBQ Chili

1 tablespoon minced onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 small can tomato paste
1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
2 large jalapeno peppers, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 can pinto beans, drained
1 can light red kidney beans, drained
1 can dark red kidney beans, drained
1 pound leftover pulled pork

Stir seasonings, tomato paste, tomato sauce, BBQ Sauce and tomatoes together in large crock pot.  Stir in peppers, pinto beans, kidney beans and pulled pork.
Cook on low for 4 hours.

11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

YUM! And especially great for fall.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari. I love homemade chili so will have to give this a try. It sounds delicious!

Sandi said...

This looks spicy!

Suemn said...

Hi Mari, This recipe looks so good. Why do I read your blog before I've had my breakfast? Your recipes make me hungry. Ha!

Catherine said...

We are not used to eat Chili here, it must be very hot! But sounds good with cornbread!

happyone said...

Mmmm that does look good and with corn bread it's made even better!!

Terri D said...

It looks and sounds delicious! The heck with leftover pork! This is good enough to cook a tenderloin and shred it! Yum!

Barbara said...

I have never tried a pulled pork dish that I didn't love. I'm sure yours is no exception!!

roentare said...

Looks scrumptious!

Debi said...

Sounds delicious!

Judy said...

YUMMY! I always love your cooking posts.