Pages

Monday, May 30, 2016

Heres what's blooming!

Here is Michigan we've had some crazy weather.  2 weeks ago we had snow!  Nothing stuck to the ground, but still - snow in May?  A week later it was hot and humid, in the 80's and that's what we still have.  This warm weather is making our flowers happy though.  Here's what's blooming now:

The bleeding heart are always pretty.  They're almost done this year.



 The lily of the valley is blooming in the back yard.



The wooded area behind our back yard is full of money plant.  Right now it's all purple blooms, but in the Fall there are silvery discs on each plant, which is how it gets its name.


 Here's a closer shot of the money plant.



I love lilacs because they smell so good!  They are almost done for this year.



 In our front walkway area the dwarf lilac is also blooming.  It's a pretty little bush with flowers that look and smell like regular lilac, but about half the size.



 The two flowering bushes are Verbena's.  They are different varieties and we enjoy both, but the smaller bush flowers in a unique way.



You can see the Verbena flowers here - they grow along the top of each branch which really shows off the flowers.


 We're really enjoying seeing this new bed grow this year.  Bob built this gate and put it and the plants in last year. It's nice to see all the plants growing happily there.



 Over the weekend, the Siberian Iris opened up, and if you look at the trellis behind them, you can see some white Clematis blooms.



 The Siberian Iris are one of my favorite Spring flowers.



 Here's one of the Clematis blooms.



Last but not least is this Weigela bush.  Both the leaves and flowers are so pretty!

"Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor
 or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his 
splendor was dressed like one of these."
Luke 12:27

17 comments:

Jean said...

So much beauty, Mari!! You must feel like you live in an arboretum!!

Joyful said...

You have had wild weather but your photos show a beautiful Spring, early Summer of blossoms and greenery. Enjoy!

Linda said...

Beautiful, Mari...I could spend some time in your garden/yard. smiles

Arlene G said...

Just beautiful Mari!!

Anonymous said...

Your yard looks like a park it is so pretty and colorful. I love the gate that your husband made. You have such a unique variety of flowers and I loved seeing each one!

Heather said...

I have always loved watching all the different flowers bloom. They are all beautiful.

Changes in the wind said...

Such a pretty place you have made.

Sally said...

Oh, Mari. Your yard is so beautiful! You and Bob must both have green thumbs. I love the gate, and trellis! :)

xoxo

Terri D said...

Your yard is gorgeous!

Cherdecor said...

I always enjoy strolling through your grounds. I love, love, love the Siberian Iris! They make such a show! I must have planted some iris last year because when I rounded the corner of the house, there were two iris. I was surprised because I didn't remember planting them.
I also like your hosta lined brick walk. I love hosta and boxwood.

I never knew that the money plant was first purple. How unique!

My bleeding hearts finished blooming so I have cut them down already. They will come up again and give me a second blooming session.

I liked clicking on your pics for a closer view. You have a beautiful place. The trees in your front yard look to be massive!

Kerin said...

Beautiful flowers!
Love that new fence and trellis that your hubby built.

Enjoy this beautiful season :)
~K.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Your flowers and whole yard are just beautiful. You two definitely have green thumbs! Thanks for the tour.

Saija said...

looks like our flowers are blooming around the same time ... though we may have more dandelions than you ... ;)

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Beautiful flowers and your landscaping reminds me of the cottage gardens in my homeland, magical.
I simply love purple, white and yellow flowers, they make such a gorgeous palette.
~Jo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

We do get crazy weather up north here, don't we? At least we didn't get the snow part! Lol All of your flowers look absolutely gorgeous. Just feeds the soul, doesn't it? ;O) xoxo

LL Cool Joe said...

We are having very strange weather here too, it's almost cold enough for snow here now! Your garden looks amazing, full of colour and beauty.

Jenny said...

Just stunning. I have always been in awe of those who have such flowers, and know all their names! I am not talented in that area. xoxo