Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

Memories...

When I was packing my things for our  recent trip, I pulled out something I use whenever we go away and thought I should take some pictures and share it with you.

This jewelry pouch is so perfect for traveling!


Here it is open, so you can see all the little partitions along the sides.  I can fit earring or even some necklaces in those spots.  It doesn't take up much space, but it keeps jewelry from getting tangled up.
I would use it just because of that, but it is special to me for another reason.  It was made by one of my former residents.  She passed away almost 3 years ago.  When I knew her she already had been dealing with Dementia for some time, but in her younger days she was very talented in making things like this or other crafts.  I also have a hanger she covered and a glass bead angel for my Christmas tree.  She was a character and is someone I would not forget, but every time I use one of these things, I especially remember her and it always makes me smile.

13 comments:

Arlene G said...

What a lovely post Mari!!

Terra said...

Sweet memories and a useful traveling case for jewelry.

Anonymous said...

Your pouch looks beautiful!

Linda said...

What a wonderful memory, Mari. Blessings

Doris said...

Neat little item! Memory too :)

Beth Cotell said...

It's so beautiful! And what a special reminder of a special person!

Sally said...

That is adorable, I really like it and can see how much it means to you, Mari. She sounds like someone we'd all appreciate as a friend. It's always good to have something that reminds us of friends now in Heaven. I have a ceramic cookie jar that a lady made for me back in 1966; one of my treasures.

xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

What a clever and pretty and pouch. But most precious is the story and memories behind it. Thanks for sharing Mari! ;) xoxo

Terri D said...

I have one of those and they are fantastic to use when traveling! Mine does not have such a sweet story attached to it, however. Great memories of a special friend!

Cherdecor said...

There is nothing worse than tangled jewelry. The jewelry pouch is a wonderful gift and it looks so well made. I need to google the pattern and give it to Mary. She makes things to sell.

Amy at love made my home said...

A lovely useful item and lovely to have great memories to go with it!

Jenny said...

That's beautiful. I need one. How sweet that you have something so cherished and useful, to remember your friend by. That's why it's important to bestow parts of ourselves on those we love, so that those things may bring us to mind when we are gone. xoxo

Anonymous said...

So sweet and a very useful item. I cherish hand-made gifts like this one.