Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

Overnight fun with the girlies!

Alaina and Ruby spent the night here Friday night.  We have so much fun spending time with them!
Alaina asked all winter when we were going to go out for ice cream again, and we kept telling her we would go when it was nice out.  Nice finally came and we went to the ice cream place Friday evening.

 Alaina picked superman ice cream.


Ruby had chocolate in a bowl, and she loved it!


Alaina is a nice sister and shared some of her cone with Ruby.



When we came home, it was time to pile on Grandpa and play!


 Saturday was beautiful too.  Alaina took Ruby for a wagon ride.



They visited Malcolm - the little boy who lives in the flower garden.



Not surprisingly, I had to keep my eyes on Ruby all the time.  Every time I turned my back, she was climbing the ladder, and once up there, she loves to look over the edge with no fear of falling!


After playing ball for a little bit, Alaina took a little rest.



Such joy!



They stopped for a short photo-op.

I brought them home later in the afternoon - 2 tired, dirty girls, but they were happy and so was I!


17 comments:

Karen said...

Such beautiful little girls! That Ruby has a priceless smile:)

Jean said...

What fun!! I so remember going to the playground with Austin when he was a toddler, and constantly needing to watch that he didn't fall off of things. I love the picture of piling on Grandpa!

LL Cool Joe said...

They make me grin, Ruby looks like she's exhausting, just as my older daughter was! And now she's a real couch potato! I'm glad you all had a fun time. :)

Anonymous said...

They are such pretty, happy children. I love how Alaina is such a good big sister to Ruby. The smiles tell the story! They love to visit with you two.

Linda said...

Oh my, look how they have grown, Mari! Thank you for sharing...beautiful. smiles

Arlene G said...

I love the picture of them sitting on the bench Mari!! And that Ruby...she tickles me with her antics. I am sure she keeps you on your toes!!

Sally said...

They are both so adorable, Mari. Ruby reminds me of Jase; I'm not sure I'll take him to the park again anytime soon. He does the same thing with the ladder along with that grin that says; Look at me and I'm not getting down.

Kids really are exhausting, but yes such a joy.

xoxo

Betsy Brock said...

So much fun! They are adorable.

I laughed when I read the boy statue has a name....so cute.

Jennifer Hays said...

They are so sweet, Mari. I can't believe how big they're getting. So glad you have these special overnights with them!

Changes in the wind said...

They are so sweet...what wonderful memories.

Patsy said...

It is great to play, love them then take them home to mommy. LOL

Cherdecor said...

Another great weekend with the munchkins! Oliver ought to be glad that he does not live there any more! Wagon rides, ice cream, jumping on grandpa....a great time was had by all!

Connie said...

Such fun...enjoy.

Jenny said...

It's so great that they love to play outside. So many kids don't do that anymore. It makes for such good sleep, after supper and a refreshing bath! And I got a tear in my eye when I saw Alaina pulling Ruby in the wagon. I remember when Ruby was but a twinkle in Aaron's eye and it was Bob pulling tiny Alaina in that wagon! xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Absolutely precious Mari!! They sure look like they love Grandpa and Grandma time!! ;) xoxo

Terri D said...

Oh my, those girls are just too adorable. I am so happy you share your time with them, with us! After being at my niece's wedding, I can say without hesitation that they will be walking down the aisle sooner than you can blink. Enjoy those sleep-overs!!

Laura said...

They make so many fun memories at Grandpa and Grandma's house! :)