Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Cooking Thursday

Today's recipe is one I got from my daughter Heather.  I had mentioned buying Pork tenderloin on sale and she said she had the perfect recipe for it.  She told me it was so easy, and was made in the crock pot and was delicious. She was right!  It has so few ingredients so it goes together quickly, and it has marvelous flavor.
I didn't get a picture of the finished product, but here is the recipe.

Pork Stroganoff

1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into thick slices
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 package cream cheese, cut into cubes
16 ounces sour cream
hot cooked egg noodles

Place 1 can of soup in crock pot, then slices of pork.  Put cubed cream cheese over top, then pour the other can of soup over it.  Cook on low for 8-9 hours.
Shred pork with 2 forks right in the crock pot and stir in sour cream.
Serve over hot noodles.  Enjoy!

8 comments:

Terri D said...

Oh my, that does sound so good. I grew up on dishes like this, but getting Joe to eat anything that resembles a casserole - food mixed together - is like pulling teeth. I'm tucking this away for future reference, anyway. If you have a recipe for a pork tenderloin that comes out moist and tender, please let me know. Every time I make one, no matter the recipe, oven, or crock, it is always dry. I love pork.

Arlene G said...

Another winner from my Mari!! Pretty soon I will have a Mari section in my cookbook!!

Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious - a real comfort meal. Thanks to you and Heather.
Wishing you a happy Mother's Day.

Sally said...

That does sound good, Mari. So glad you liked it! For some reason, though, any recipe using cream cheese doesn't appeal to me, but perhaps maybe could use cheddar. I remember after Mom got older she made stroganoff quite often, but not in the crockpot.

xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Sounds very yummy and easy! Always my kind of winning recipe. ;)
xoxo

Connie said...

Going to give this a try..

Cherdecor said...

I never heard of pork stroganoff. It sounds very good!

Jenny said...

You can't go wrong with pork and a crock pot. Nom Nom. xoxo