Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Cooking Thursday

The recipe I'm sharing today is one I got from a friend several years ago.  It's good when you need a treat for a group because it makes a big pan full and they are always a hit!

Crunchy Brownie Bars

1 cup melted butter
2 cups sugar
6 tablespoons cocoa
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
7 ounces marshmallow cream
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
3 cups Rice Krispies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat melted utter, sugar, cocoa and vanilla.  Add eggs, then flour and salt.  Pour into greased 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 inch jelly roll pan.  Bake for 25 minutes.
Put marshmallow cream over brownies while hot. Let cool.
Combine chips and melt, then stir in peanut butter.  Add Rice Krispies and spread over bars.  Store in refrigerator.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love the addition of the rice krispies. Mmmmmmmm!

Hootin Anni said...

Looks VERY yummy Mari.

Linda said...

wOOHOO another keeper, thanks Mari!!!! smiles

Stacey Minter said...

Yum. Thanks for sharing. :) Must make this weekend. Have a wonderful day.

Betsy Brock said...

I want one right now! haha.

Arlene G said...

Oh Mari...could I have one for breakfast?

Sally said...

Oh, yes. Those would be enjoyed around these here parts, Mari. :)

xoxo

Patsy said...

Love it, thanks

Amy at love made my home said...

Yummy!!

LL Cool Joe said...

They look very yummy indeed!

Rebecca said...

Oh, my! I'm afraid I'm "off" brownies for awhile. I'll have to keep this recipe for taking to special occasion!

Cherdecor said...

They do look delish!

Jenny said...

Oh mercy. I may have to do this for Erica's birthday. Thanks a LOT. xoxo