Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Cooking Thursday

We had a potluck last week at work, for someone who is leaving.  Those potlucks are always full of good food!  There was a pasta salad that everyone loved, which was made by my fellow nurse, Larisa.  I got the recipe from her because I was going to bring a salad to a family event on Friday.  It was a hit there too.  Even Bob who is usually suspicious of anything with broccoli in it, really liked it.  I think you will too!


Broccoli Bacon Pasta Salad

3 cups mayonnaise
3/4 cup sugar
5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 box rotini pasta
1 head broccoli
1 small red onion, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
8-10 slices bacon, cooked and chopped

Stir together mayonnaise, sugar and red wine vinegar.  Place into refrigerator to cool.
Cook pasta as directed on package, drain and rinse with cool water.
Cut broccoli florets from stems and separate into small pieces.
Stir broccoli, onion, bacon and cheese together.  Add pasta, then stir in mayonnaise mix.
Refrigerate overnight before serving.

14 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Bacon? It HAS to be yummy! haha.

Jennifer Hays said...

I've had this one and it was awesome! Thanks for sharing the recipe, Mari. :)

Linda said...

Hey, you tell Bob---anything with Bacon in it is just fine, lol. lol

RachelD said...

My tongue is curling now, thinking of that lovely red wine vinegar scent and taste (I've had trouble finding our old family favorite---Regina---for a while, and a blog friend in VA sent me some).

This is exactly the dish you hope will be set down in the section with the nine potato salads and the several bowl-palettes of green-and-maroon beans.

Sometime when you need a "main" salad for a luncheon or Summer supper, drain and gently fold in two cans of white albacore tuna, leaving the hunks fairly whole.

I'm headed for the kitchen right now, to do up a bowl for supper---I can just taste it now.

rachel

Terri D said...

You had me at mayonnaise and sugar! Sounds delicious and easy to make. Thanks Mari!! Next potluck for sure!

Changes in the wind said...

It's a keeper:)

Arlene G said...

Yum...another winner!!

Patsy said...

Pasta Salad is my favorite for potluck, we have them here once a
month. Thanks!

Sally said...

Now, I know we'd love that, Mari! :)

xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Flavors right up my alley Mari! I'd even add a little sweetness from dried cherries, raisins, or cranberries too. Broccoli and bacon - you can't go wrong! ;) xoxo

Connie said...

This sounds really good.

Jenny said...

Wow this sounds great. I love the dressing made with mayonnaise and vinegar, and you could use liquid Splenda instead of real sugar. Awesome. xoxo

Anonymous said...

THANK you for the recipe. This is one of our favorite foods to buy at the deli but I've never made it myself.

Jean said...

Oh that looks so relish!!! And of course, I'm hungry right now, hahaha!