Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Good friends, old times

I've worked at the Skilled Nursing Center for almost 26 years.  In that time, I've gotten to know so many residents, family members and co-workers.  Some of the people that I started working with are still there, others have moved on.
This past week-end we had a mini reunion of friends who were there about 15 years ago.  We met in a little pizza place in a nearby town.

There were 9 of us there.  You can imagine the talking, laughing and the reminiscing!


Here's the whole group.  There are 2 nurses, 4 CNA's, 1 cook and 2 physical therapists.


It's such a cute little town.  Here's how it looked when we left (and it was only 9:30!)
We plan to do this again in the Fall and hopefully some people who were missing will be able to come.

14 comments:

Terra said...

Definitely great to have the reunion of workers. I am enjoying being a volunteer at a retirement home/memory center.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Looks like a fun evening with friends. Hope you have a great week!

Doris said...

Love this! Five of us whom all had offices in the basement of the nursing home I worked at have dinner together every few months. We call ourselves the Basement Girls :)

Terri D said...

What fun!! It's so great having a history with your workplace. I feel blessed to have 19 years and understand completely the bonds that form with co-workers. I love that you had a reunion and plan another one in the fall. The little town looks quaint. Are there little shops to enjoy too?

Linda said...

That is really cool, Mari. I know, our sky looks like that at 9:30 too...smiles

Amy at love made my home said...

How wonderful! You must have had a great time!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh looks like it was so much fun! Those co-workers become like a whole other kind of family and those relationships are so important when you work with such tough and sensitive areas at times. Glad you're going to do it again too!
Blessings on your week ahead. xoxo

Angie said...

What a great time you all must have had! Catching up is always so fun!

Betsy Brock said...

What a cute little town! Looks like you all had a really good time, too!

Jenny said...

I love towns where they roll up the sidewalks at nine o'clock. What a good time was had by all. You've got a special history with so many folks. xoxo

Anonymous said...

It's always great fun to meet up with old friends or co-workers. The photo of the town at night is really sweet.

Jean said...

How fun!! I would love to do that with teachers from Manheim Christian Day School. Maybe I should put a bug in someone's ear.

Kim said...

Someday I'm going to actually see you out and about in either Coopersville or Allendale. Hope you won't be surprised when I actually come up and give you a hug!

Rebecca said...

I love and appreciate so many of the CNAs & a few of the nurses who care for Mother in her facility. Family members of other residents have become like MY family, too...