Pages

Monday, July 1, 2024

Time with Cassie

This past weekend, we made plans to try to have Cassie spend the night again. She loves to come over and always has no problem, until it's time to go to bed.
So, we met them for supper Friday night.


She was very excited to get done eating and come over.
She talked a mile a minute, all the way home.




She's been talking about baking with Grandma, so we started with some cookies to decorate the next day.



Then she played with Grandpa while I finished baking them.



She usually goes to bed around 8, so we got PJ's on and had a snack.




We watched a little show, read books...  and tried to go to bed.  The crying started.  "I miss my mama and papa".  I even got her to lay in bed with me, but no success.  At 9:30 we were in the car bringing her home.   :(


The next morning, we hadn't planned anything since she was supposed to be here.  We decided to go to their house so Bob could help Andrew with a little project and I could finish the cookies with Cassie.



We were making hedgehog cookies.  I was dipping part of them in chocolate and she was putting chocolate sprinkles on them.




She said Grandpa had to do one too, so he came out and did some sprinkles.




Here she is with one of the finished cookies.




And here's a plate of cute little hedgehogs.



Cassie had to try one, and we found that the chocolate makes them a bit messy!  But she liked it, and she had fun!
We're hoping that soon she'll decide it's ok to spend the whole night!



22 comments:

Debby said...

Oh darn, I thought this time she’ll make it. Well it could have been in the middle of the night!
The hedgehog cookies look good. I don’t mind the mess if it’s chocolate!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The cookies are adorable! You always have the best crafts and things for the girls to do. Maybe you can think of some clever ways to get her to stay overnight.

Dianna said...

Dear Sweet Cassie. One day she will make it through the night. She's such a beautiful child. And those cookies are so cute!

Mandy said...

Bless her little heart. I was the same exact way growing up. I couldn’t make it through a night with my grandparents or even my very best friend that lived across the street from me! Haha! I did eventually grow out of it, but I sure do remember those days. She will get there. The hedgehog cookies are so cute!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those cookies are adorable - just like Cassie. One day she will stay the entire night. They always grow up so much more quickly than we want them to! I hope you have a wonderful week!

Susan said...

Those cookies are so cute! Would Cassie stay if her cousins were there? She will be ready someday. Have a Happy 4th!

roentare said...

Spending time with family is one of the best happy things to do

Donna said...

She's adorable! When I was her age, I tried to spend the night with my Aunt and Uncle...It was the same for me! I cried, wanting my mom and dad so they got up and took me home. I'll always remember how kind and loving they were about it. Cassie will always remember...
hugs
Donna

Catherine said...

I was lucky two days ago when the parents went for a little walk Maxime wanted to stay with grandma and I was scared he changed his mind… but no it was ok! Cassie has changed a lot no more a baby 😆

Billie Jo said...

Hello! She is the sweetest! I remember doing the same with my grandma years ago and with Rhett as a child. Your cookies are the cutest things ever!

R's Rue said...

What a beauty.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Awwww Cassie! C'mon man! Spend the night with Grandma and Grandpa! You get pancakes in the morning, hahaha! Seriously it tugs at my heart that she has to go home to Mama and Daddy for the night. Bless its heart!!!! Those hedgehog cookies are EVERYTHING, Mari! SO cute! And I have saved the picture of Bob and Cassie because it's too precious for words. Love you all! Happy Fourth! xoxo

Barbara said...

Those cookies are soooo cute! You and your hubby make wonderful grandparents. The day [night] will come!

Sparky said...

She's so cute. Cassie's gonna keep y'all young, isn't she. Precious child.
Happy 4th! 💙

Kim said...

Bedtime can be tough, but looks like she loved those cookies. They are darling and so is she!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I was so excited reading the post thinking this would be the time she'd stay! I have no doubt that will all change soon. And no matter what it's easy to see she had the best time with Grandma and Grandpa. Those cookies are beyond adorable!! xoxo

Terri D said...

She is so cute and such a sweet little lady. Perhaps next time. I wonder if she would stay over if Alaina and Ruby were there? The cookies are so cute and I am sure were delicious! Hugs!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Well, you got closer and closer! One of these days she will be too sleepy to want to go home. Meanwhile, those cookies are adorable!! What a lot of work, but so much fun! So what if they are messy? That's the whole fun of it! LOL.

DUTA said...

Cassie's adorable, and so are the cookies!

Katerinas Blog said...

Great joy when the grandchildren come!
The cookies look delicious as well as pretty,
so a little dirt is okay!!

Chris said...

I bet she enjoyed the evening with you and those hedgehog cakes looked yummy and very chocolatey!
Grand children are funny, my grand daughter would have happily lived with me but her brother was a mummy's boy.

Jean said...

Awww, bless her sweet little heart!! I remember when we tried to have a cousin sleepover with Sophie and Austin many years ago when Lisa and George were up here from Florida for a few days. Sophie just couldn't stop missing her mommy and daddy, and was so happy when they came back.