Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Surprise gift



Do you remember a few months ago when I showed you the jewelry my daughter Laura has been making? Well, now there is someone else in the family that's decided she likes making jewelry.
Last week, my doorbell rang and my sister Cheri's son Nick, and daughter Arianna were at the door. Nick had picked beans and brought over a big bowl of them. Arianna, who is 12 said she had something for me too and gave me the earrings you see above.
She made them at an art camp! I was really impressed. I think they turned out great and it was so nice of her to surprise me like that! (The beans were good too!)
I think she has a future in this, don't you?

17 comments:

Nancy said...

The earrings are beautiful....but what is more beautiful is the heart of that 12 year....to give away her creation is a real act of generosity......

I know you will enjoy wearing them.....

Unknown said...

Wow! The earrings are gorgeous! She has a talent for sure. You're so blessed with wonderful family!

Cheri said...

She was quite excited yesterday when the mail came and there was something for her! Your thank you made her day :)

Penny said...

How cute!!!

Kari said...

Very pretty earrings. I love the colors.

Jenny said...

They're beautiful! I want to learn to do that.

RR Mama said...

Oh my gosh!! Those are awesome!! Email me the link to your profile so I can follow you on Pinterest. I have only pinned one thing but I sure do have a ton of likes! That site is so addicting.

Brooke said...

i'd be impressed if you told me an adult made them! she's definitely got an etsy career ahead of her!!

Betty W said...

They look really good! I would buy them.

Susan said...

How sweet - how nice - how thoughtful!!! Great job and future.

Connie said...

Looks like she did a very good job making the earrings.

Karin said...

Art camp sounds fantastic! She's definitely got a creative flair! Very lovely and how thoughtful to gift them to you!!

Just Mom said...

Beautiful!

Shelly said...

Awesome! Two great prizes and yes she has a talent and can sell at flea markets or craft fairs, church thingys!

Justabeachkat said...

VERY pretty Mari!

Hugs,
Kat

Christina said...

I think those earrings are adorable. Yes she definitely has a future in jewelry design.

Colleen said...

What a thoughtful and lovely surprise Mari! They are beautiful!