Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Shower Time

This weekend I got to go to 2 baby showers for Laura!
This first one was my family's shower on Friday night.

Here is the group busy trying to figure out what kind of candy goes with different pregnancy related things. For example - A candy name for Mom's tummy after the baby is born? Jelly Belly!


Of course there was yummy food! The cake says "Welcome Bean Sprout!" That's what Laura and Aaron have been calling the baby for now. :)


Opening some great gifts, with Heather keeping track of things.


It won't be long before Bean Sprout is here and will be able to use this little cocoon!

~~~

On Saturday there was another shower with Aaron's family.
Aaron's sister-in-law made these adorable cupcakes. The shower was at her house and she had everything looking so cute.


This was in a gift from Aaron's niece. She is 6 and wanted to give the baby something, so she gathered some barrettes, some money from her piggy bank and drew a picture. On the back of it was this message:
"I love you and the baby"
Isn't that sweet? We have one more shower next week - what fun!

20 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

It's so fun that our girls are due at the same time and having showers on the same weekend! Cute photos! I know you are as excited as I am. Can't wait!

Hugs,
Kat

ancient one said...

I just simply LOVE babies. I'm going to have another great-grandchild in January. (a girl this time) I know how exciting this time is for you!!!

Nancy said...

Congratulations...the showers looked so fun and those cupcakes...I could go for one of those......

Don't you just love all the baby stuff they have now.....?

Kalli said...

I LOVE those cupcakes. I am having Mallories first birthday in a flower theme. How did she make them? I would love to make them for her party!

Sue O said...

I was going to ask the same thing....how were the cupcakes decorated? And congratulations, you will soon know the utter joy of being a Nana!

;) said...

Sweet moments...

Mari said...

The cupcakes are decorated with marshmallows. They are little ones cut in half diagonally, then dipped in decorating sugar. She said the first few took a bit of time, but then it went quickly.

Susan said...

All looks great. I LOVE the little 6 year olds gift. How precious!!!

Connie said...

What a special time for all of you. Laura looks so beautiful and healthy.

Sweet Tea said...

What would young Mom's do without a baby shower? I remember just how helpful mine were..."Mom" is adorable pregnant! And whomever made those cupcakes is sure talented.

Betty W said...

Looks like you had a good time and with that good looking food how could you NOT? :)
I¨m not a fan of showers, but if it were for my grandchild I think I would change my mind. haha

Unknown said...

Love the cupcakes, she should join in the cupcake war on t.v.
So exciting waiting for a little one!!!

Patti said...

Fun showers! I couldn't help but think as I read about the new baby coming how the previous post was on the passing of Coco. Ah, the constant cycle of life...brings back Ecclesiastes of a time to be born and a time to die, huh?

Jean said...

Fun times! We played that candy game at Jenn's shower too. Bean Sprout - that's cute!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Fun,fun,Fun!!! Can't wait to see you and Bob as Grandparents!!!

Pat said...

I love babies and baby showers! All the clothes and gifts...and food!
I do believe this bean sprout is going to receive lots of love!

Jenny said...

This is so exciting! I was wondering just the other day when that little on was due to come along. My Stephanie is expecting a new baby in late February! We are so excited. Can't wait to see pictures of your darling grandbaby!

Karen said...

Such an exciting time! I just love baby showers:)

Lynn said...

Laura looks adorable! Can't wait for you to be a grandma. What fun!

Shelly said...

Congratulations! Nice baby shower!