Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cooking Thursday

I'm loving all the fresh produce that's around right now. My sister Cheri just brought over a bunch of tomatoes and a great recipe to use them in.
This is a new way for me to eat tomatoes, but they are so yummy!
For more recipes, visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.



Roasted Tomatoes

Tomatoes
Onions
Olive oil
garlic powder
Splenda
salt and pepper

Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Slice tomatoes thickly and lay on cookie sheet. Slice onions thinly and lay out among tomatoes. Drizzle with small amount olive oil, then sprinkle with garlic, small amount Splenda and salt and pepper to taste.
Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Enjoy!

14 comments:

Karin said...

They do look yummy!

Unknown said...

WE tried this tonite and it was very good. I loved it, but hubby not so much.

Sue O said...

That's how I roast mine for freezing, Mari. Only without the Splenda. Sometimes I put peppers in as well. Then when I thaw them I often puree them for delicious spaghetti sauce.

ancient one said...

I think I would like it. Looks yummy!!

Pat said...

So good! I hate to see the season end with all of this fresh produce!

Penny said...

I fell in love with fresh tomatoes this summer. Sounds delicious!

RR Mama said...

OK my mouth is watering! There is nothing like a fresh tomato. Our neighbors grow them and then bring them over to us. My oldest and I could sit and them like they were apples. They taste so good!

Rebecca said...

Mmmmmmm! Mmmmmmmmm! Now that sounds delicious! As soon as this heatwave leaves Indiana I'm going to heat up the oven!

Raise Them Up said...

They look wonderful!

Would you believe there is a mama deer and her twins raiding my tomato patch each night? They nibble one here and there and knock bunches off to take bites out of each night.

If I can find a few hidden away in the center of the branches, I'd love to try this recipe. :)

annies home said...

we have such a blessing with garden tomatoes will have to try this recipe out come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Crown of Beauty said...

These really look delicious, Mari. We eat tomatoes all the time here as well. A slight variation to the recipe you shared would be to simply saute the sliced tomatoes in chopped garlic, chopped onions, olive oil, some honey, salt and pepper. Great to top it with chopped nuts as well!

Have a great cooking Thursday evening! Over here, Friday morning has just begun.

Love
Lidj

Sandra said...

I couldn't stand tomatoes for so many years and lately I'm just loving them so much :)

Jean said...

These look absolutely scrumptious!!!

Christina said...

Thanks, I love tomatoes so you know I am going to try this yummy recipe!