Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cooking Thursday

The recipe I'm sharing today is from Beth of A Mom's Life. She posted it recently and I tried it last week. As she promised, it was easy and good. I changed it a bit to make it healthier and we all loved it!
For more recipes, stop over at Diary of a SAHM.


One Pot Spaghetti


1/2 pound ground turkey
26 ounces Ragu light Tomato and Basil spaghetti sauce
spices to taste - salt, pepper, garlic powder, italian seasoning, minced onion...
1 can tomato paste
1 can chicken broth
2 cups water
14 ounce Barilla Plus thin spaghetti, broken into thirds

Brown turkey in large pot. Add spaghetti sauce and spices ( you can use whatever you have handy that sounds good). Stir in tomato paste, broth and water.
Bring to a boil, then add pasta.
Turn heat to medium or medium low. Simmer for 17 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Sprinkle Parmesan over top and enjoy!

Makes 8 servings, 309 calories per serving.



18 comments:

Momma Roar said...

Can't wait to try this one! thanks!

Marsha Young said...

I can almost smell it! UMMMM

Blessings to you - Marsha

Karin said...

Yum!

Justabeachkat said...

This sounds so easy. And good.

Hugs,
Kat

Hootin Anni said...

Mari....this looks soooooooooooo scrumptious!! Pasta is a favorite of mine, and I'm happy to read the revised recipe for a more healthy dish. Yum. Got milk?!! No, wait...that should read---"got leftovers"?

Beth Cotell said...

So glad you liked it! I have been making it this way now for quite some time and don't think I'll go back to the old way!

Sharon said...

That sure does look yummy and I like the idea of Healthier.
I can not wait to try it.
Hugs

Nancy said...

Sounds delicious....and onely 309 calories...
I'm off to the supermarket...... Thanks

Julieann said...

Mari, thank you so much for your vote:) I am only 15 votes away from making the list:) Thank you!!

...and your spaghetti looks wonderful, as all your recipes do. It is almost time to start making your sweet treats!!! xox

Julieann

Connie said...

I like to use turkey for these kind of recipes. Sounds like a good one.

Just Mom said...

Oh YUM! My son super duper <3s spaghetti. Must try this version.

Sandra said...

We had spaghetti for dinner LOL I love spaghetti and love different versions, going to try this one too :)

Becky said...

like it!

Brooke said...

crockpot sketti? a merging of my 2 favorite things!!

Jenny said...

My grandbabies are gonna love this one. Thanks, Mari!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Mari Sweetie...
How gorgeous this looks. I could smell it before I got here. I love spaghetti. I even like it cold on a slice of bread. Yum..I can't wait to try your recipe, and thank you so much for sharing.

This is the Miracle Weekend makeover. I am one of the hosting sites. For every comment left, Guideposts magazine will pay a dollar, to the next cancer makeover patient. Please stop by and read the story about 9 year old Charlie, and bless me with a comment. Out goal between the 4 or 5 blogs is 5,000. I know we can do it. I would appreciate it, if you pass the word around to as many friends as possible.

Thank you sweetie for a wonderful post. I love it. Have a glorious weekend. Country hugs from Phoenix, Sherry

Mary said...

Mari, I will be trying this one. It sounds so much easier than the way I do it. Of course if I get ambitious and make homemade spaghetti sauce, it takes all day. That happens about once every couple of years when I get a craving for it.

Thanks for sharing.

Sweet Tea said...

This is my kind of recipe - my family loves anything that has pasta in it and that looks yummy! Gonna make this one soon.

Congrat's on your daughter's new JOB!! Fantastic!!