Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2008

What really works?

Don't you just hate it when you buy something new and it doesn't live up to all those promises the advertisements made? It seems that most advertisments are half exaggeration! Girlymom over at The Red Door is asking us to post some product reviews of things we have used and really liked. Here are a few of my favorites.

The Works Tub and Shower cleaner.
This stuff is awesome. We have well water, so our tub not only has the normal soap grunge, but hard water deposits. I buy the bottle of it and squirt down the sides of the tub, leaving the tub plugged so when it runs down the side the bottom is cleaned too. I turn on the exhaust fan, leave the room for about 10 minutes. When I come back, all I have to do is wipe down the tub and rinse it - it's clean!


Max Factor Lipfinity.
This is long wearing lip color. I can put this on in the morning and it really does last all day. I do reapply it if I go out again at night, but it really lasts and doesn't seem to dry out.




L'oreal Bare Naturals Mineral Makeup

I know many of you have admired my flawless skin, (ha,ha) this is how I do it! :)
I heard of quite a few people who enjoyed the mineral makeup, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money for it. I tried this shortly after it came out and have really liked it. It is easy to use and a jar of it lasts a long time. It comes with a brush so you don't have to get that separately. I always used cream foundation before and find this looks more natural and my skin rarely has breakouts anymore. (One would think that at 47 years old, that would no longer be a problem!) I use the foundation, blush and also the eye shadow. The foundation and blush cost about $14 for a jar but Walgreens often has them priced for half off 1 jar if you buy another. As I said earlier a jar lasts a long time.





Hamilton Beach Panini Press and Sandwich Maker
I got this at Christmas and I love it. First of all, it doesn't take much space because it stores standing up. Second - it makes great sandwiches! They turn out nice and crispy just like the panini's you buy in a restaurant. I have tried different types of bread, meat and cheese and enjoyed them. This press has a floating head so it accomodates thicker sandwiches without problems. These sandwiches work well to make a quick supper!
~~~

Another favorite product is Mr Clean magic eraser. It really does live up to the advertisements. For other product reviews visit Girlymom here. If you post your own review let her know and she will add a link to her blog.

post signature

20 comments:

Chelle' said...

LOVE IT MARI. Thanks for adding your favorites. I will try the makeup. I'm always looking for new makeup.

Loved today's recipe also. :0)

A Stone Gatherer said...

Thanks Mari, I may have to try that makeup, and my tub could use the Works! Have a great day!

Beth Cotell said...

I love the Magic Eraser as well! What ever did we do before Mr. Clean invented that one?

Cheri said...

I love magic eraser too. That's my panini press also and I really do love it too. I don't know how it does it, but it sure makes great sandwiches!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all of these recommends!
I'm going to be on the look-out for "The Works", could you tell me where you purchased it?

I've been wanting to try the mineral powder foundations and wondered if you would need to wear blush with it? And are you saying you purchase a mineral blush? (sorry about all the questions, I seem to be full of them this morning *wink*)

What is your favorite color of the lip infinity just out of curiosity?

I can't wait to check out the main post of all this...thanks!!

Zaankali said...

I love this idea! I have been hinting to Mark that the next present might be a panini press but because of the cost I wanted to be certain it was one I would like. WooHoo! THere you go and make a suggestion.
Smiles!

girlymom said...

I am going to have to try that foundation, I wondered abou tit but didn't want to spend the money only to find out it was a bunch of hype. Thanks for putting together a list~ this is great! You're linked.

Laura said...

As you know, I love my mineral makeup, although I go with the original BareMinerals. And I tried the lipstick too and yes - it did indeed last all day, the only problem was I bought a color that looks ghastly on me. So I'll have to find a new color - and I also love the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I don't know what I'd do without them!

I think I'm going to convince Aaron we need a panini maker now...

Cherdecor said...

I will have to look for the mineral makeup. I have used Clinique for years but it is a tad expensive. Your price sounds a lot more like the price I would like to pay.

I will look for the tub cleaner too. I wonder if they sell it at the Home Depot? I will check. Thanks for this great and informative post!

Sandra said...

Love it, I will have to try the makeup, I have had no luck finding a foundation that I really enjoy.

Terri said...

I love my magic eraser as well. The panini press looks great but I'd have to do some cupboard cleaning to fit it in.

Renee said...

This was fun!!

Thanks for the tips. I'm all about a tub cleaner that you squirt, leave, and wipe. (That's my kind of cleaning!)

The makeup looks great too...I might have to check that out.

Thanks, Mari!

Pat said...

The tub cleaner is now on my shopping list.
I'm interested in the make-up. does it cover very well, like foundation? I'm always looking for the perfect, inexpensive foundation for this old face of mine. It's taking more paint to cover this old barn it seems!

Anonymous said...

This is great Mari, you should do this every week. Great ideas!! Thanks Much:)

Unknown said...

I agree all good stuff I use some of the same.. Thanks for the good tips..

Anonymous said...

We love the makeup here at our house, too. It's good stuff.

I love the lip stuff as well. I use the light version. It doesn't last quite as long...8 hours, but I love it. I now bought the kind with gloss and a brush. It's great!

I really love Comet spray cleaner the best. It was so hard to find for awhile that I had to buy it in Texas. I finally found it back at Walmart.

Mary said...

Mari,

Great review. I wish I had some of The Works. We get hard water deposits here and the only thing I can get to take it off is CLR. We can't buy your product in Ontario that I know of.

Thanks for the tips. Please drop by my blog and enter my Easter giveaway.

Blessings,
Mary

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...what a great post. The only one I've used is the lipstick and I like it alot. Does the makeup cover well? I'm always afraid I won't know what color to get.

Hugs!
Kaat

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT idea! I'll have to check that link out for more!

The panini maker sounds fabulous---I'm not a big fan of cold sandwiches so I might go get this. Thanks for the review....

BethAnne said...

Thanks for your sympathy over at my blog. I am with you on the Wroks - use it all the time, but I cough the whole time I am using it - I think I need to wear an oxygen mask with that stuff. I have never used the Loreal Makeup, but I have used Bare Escentuals and Sheercover - love Sheercover. I have so many products I love - I might have to go over to the Red Door and plug a few!