Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Random acts of Kindness Week

*This is a sticky post, scroll down for more recent posts

Random Acts of Kindness Week
Feb 11- 17

Did you know that this week is Random Acts of Kindness Week? I'm thinking this would be a good time to challenge you all. I would love it if you would think of some kind thing to do for someone this week. It can be big or small, you can do it for someone you know or a stranger. Just keep your eyes open for ways you can help someone this week. After you do something for someone, write a post about what you did and link to this post using Mr Linky. You may enjoy it so much, that you do more than one kind thing! There are some ideas above, but you may have some great ideas of your own. Please feel free to publicize this on your blogs, but ask people to link back here, so we can see what fun things people do.

Have fun being kind to others!
.
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." Colossians 3:11-13






post signature

17 comments:

Melissa said...

I remember a long time ago in youth group when we did RAKE (random acts of kindness everywhere) week. Were you a leader when we did that? It was so much fun! I'm excited to do this this week!

Mari said...

Melissa - yes I was a leader then and it was a lot of fun!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Mari,

I am going to have my in laws over for dinner tomorrow afternoon!

Love, Joanne

A Stone Gatherer said...

Mari, great challenge! I will be looking for opportunities to do Random acts of Kindness for me and my children! I'll let you know how it goes!

Cheri said...

Cool- I guess those rolls that I brought over to you yesterday would qualify!

Chelle' said...

Love Love Love this Mari. And it is indeed a challenge for me in a particular area... I will CHOOSE kindness this week.

Thanks.

Laura said...

I'll keep my eyes peeled for opportunities - this is a good idea!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I think your sister should be really kind and bring me over some rolls.

Sorry, I guess I may have missed the point...I'll try harder :o)

Cherdecor said...

When I taught school, I had my student involved in this and they loved it.

I missed a random act of kindness yesterday. I was in a grocery line and the little woman in front of me did not have her grocery card with her. It did occur to me that I had mine and maybe she could use it, but while I was wondering if they would allow it, someone else gave her their card and she saved over $5.00. Now I know, and I will be ready the next time.

Amy Wyatt said...

Mari,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love this Random Acts of Kindness thing. I just read a book called "How Full Is Your Bucket" that sort of talks about this concept. I highly recommend it. I'm so glad your son outgrew his seizures. Spencer probably will not as his are a result of his stroke and his brain injury will not go away. That is unless God performs another miracle... which we know he can.

Bonnie said...

Hey Mari ... how do you make a post a sticky post ???

Anonymous said...

You are just naturally nice! Great job Mari.

I have the same question as Bonnie about the sticky note..

jennwa said...

That is a great challenge.
It is a great thing to makes someones day.

kari and kijsa said...

Love this! Hopefully this was a blessed day for all!
Happy Valentines Day from our hearts to you!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Mary said...

Mari,

Thank you for this challenge. Though I didn't know about it, I did do a random act of kindness on Valentine's Day. It is the kind of thing I would do anyway, but this was kind of special and it made me feel wonderful to know that I brightened someone's day.

These are the kind of things I like to do all the time. I suppose it's selfish in some ways, I love the feeling of making someone happy. I'm a giver for sure. Wish I had millions. I could have a lot of fun giving it away.

Blessings,
Mary

Laura said...

I'm so sorry Mom! I totally, totally, wanted to do this and as you know, my week was a tad hectic. But I can still be kind right? I'll try again this week!