Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Prayer Request

It's been a crazy day for me. My husband has been having some problems with being more tired than usual lately, and occasionally being short of breath. Being a man, he didn't listen to me when I told him to go to the Dr. When he started having chest discomfort this morning in church, I told him we were going to ER now! He still resisted and was worried about doing something during the second service, that he had committed to. I made him leave anyway. His family has some heart history, and although he is only 49 and is not overweight, nor does he smoke, I don't want to take chances. The tests they have done so far look good. They admitted him to the cardiac unit where they are monitoring him and he will have a stress test in the morning. I know some of you have heard about this through my sisters and friends blogs and have already been praying, along with our friends from church. Thanks for your prayers and keep it up! Our God is the great healer and provider and we have faith in him to see us through this. I have felt his strength today!
One way God took care of us today was shown when our regular Dr came in. He spends 12 hours a month being on call, and staying right at the hospital. We "happened" to be there during those 12 hours. It also "happened" to be my weekend off, so I was in church with Bob. I know he wouldn't have gone in if I wasn't there. Bob also has had a cardiologist assigned to him and I have been told by a friend who is a nurse in the CCU that this is one of the best cardiology doctors on staff. Thank you Lord for the ways you look out for us!
PS - I hope you will excuse me from commenting on your blogs for a few days. I think my computer time will be quite limited! :)



post signature

23 comments:

Nate and Brenda said...

Mary,

we love you guys and we are for sure praying for you!!

I am soooo thankful that today was your day off and you could be in church with Bob!!!

Pat said...

Praying on this side of Michigan! I'm believing for a good report, keep us posted.

Chelle' said...

Mari- PRAISE GOD for the good reports thus far. I am praying now and will continue praying in the morning that further tests (exercise stress test included) will come back clean.

THANK YOU for getting him to the hospital when you did. THere's never a good reason to procrastinate with medical care.

Praying for you-

Zaankali said...

Thank you for posting an update. Mark and I didn't even realize that something had happened this morning. Mark was wondering where Bob was for Men's SS. I am glad you made him go. This is nothing to "wait and see" about. I pray that all will go well tomorrow and if there is something the doctors need to see that it will be clear for them so they can treat him. I also pray that you have peace through all of this and that you are able to get a good nights sleep without Bob home.
Love you both.
Smiles!

Chad and Tammy said...

We are praying for you you both. Please keep us posted!

Jean said...

It's much better to get things checked out and find nothing serious wrong than the other way around. It's always good to get a good "heart" report. I too pray you'll be able to sleep tonight.

A Captured Reflection said...

I will continue to pray, I saw the shout out for Prayer on Cheri's blog and started praying. Will keep lifting you all up.

Perri said...

Mari, your husband will be in my prayers as will you as you go through this stressful time.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Mari we are praying for you guys! We love you guys!

Beth Cotell said...

I read about this last night on Nancy's blog. Will continue to pray for you and your husband!

Rebekah said...

My prayers are with you. God's strength and grace with you both.

Keep us posted

Anonymous said...

Mari-
So happy to hear that Bob's tests are coming back good. Please know that I am praying for peace to cover your whole family as you wait for results.
Love, ~Debi

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Mari,

You know I will miss your sweet daily words of encouragement, but I know you are needed by the side of your other half. Keep him happy and keep the faith my friend. I can't wait to hear more God-coincidences that He has planned for you. Keep your eyes open for His hand at every turn.

Praying, praying, praying for you guys.

Love, Joanne

julie said...

Mari, We will be prayin'

Sandra said...

Mari, I have been praying for you both, will continue to do so.

God really is good isn't he? How wonderful that not only the doctor was in but you had the day off.

Hugs,
Sandra

Cherdecor said...

We are still praying for you and Bob and that the doctors will have wisdom in finding the problem.

I keep checking my bloglines to see if anyone from Michigan is posting any new news.

Lorie said...

Mari- Will definately be praying for you all!

Terri said...

Glad to hear that you're on your way home and they didn't find any specific thing wrong. You just keep on eye on him though!

Anonymous said...

I was praying for Bob all day yesterday. Thanks to Cheri I knew the news from her blog. Thanks to Terri I got the scoop by phone. I just had such a burden for you guys.

Yes, our God is BIG and he sees Bob's every need. Praying for a good report.

Sarah Markley said...

I will pray! This is scary but I am glad he is okay right now! Let us know how he is doing!

Anonymous said...

Mari, Nancy told me, and I have been and will continue to pray!! I went through this with Jim a few years back, turned out just stress and anxiety, Good to check everything out, Glad you were with him, God is so good!! love you, and I am Praying.

Dena said...

Oh me - Oh my - I have been MIA - YIKES!!! Give yourself and Bob a BIG HUG!

Deleted 2014 said...

Mary. See today's blog. (NOTE: I posted it BEFORE I read this post.) If you guys need help with your drive let me know. -I'll bring "Thunder" over.
: )

-Blessings,
C