Pages

Monday, February 11, 2008

The sun shows its face!

I'm happy to report that although it's still cold here, the sun did shine on us today! It was so nice to see it again and the snow on the trees looked beautiful in the sunshine. I had the day off today and went with Bob to the Dr. The roads weren't great, especially in the morning when we left. As a matter of fact, I think every school in our surrounding area was closed due to the roads and the extreme cold. Anyway, as I said, Bob went to the Dr today. He had another good report. All of his tests have come back good. The Dr is going to run a few more labs, but he doesn't feel the problems he had were heart related. I know this Dr from when I worked in the hospital and trust him, so will just wait and see what these labs show. Bob has been feeling good and hasn't had any further problems. Thanks to all of you for your concern and most of all for your prayers. I also have to thank my brother-in-law Mark, for really coming through for us and blowing out our driveway twice in these last few snowstorms! I don't mind shoveling, but when the drifts are to your knees it's kind of overwhelming! I'm sorry to say we are supposed to get more snow tonight, but not in the quantities it came in last week.
.
Don't forget to show a little kindness to someone this week!




post signature


12 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

Oh don't mention that 4 letter word again!!! I'm glad Bob is feeling better and that all the labs came back good! Praise God!! Also thanks for the advice about the soup. I should be able to handle it like water off a ducks back, but it's a good thing I have Steady Stevey to keep me grounded!

Anonymous said...

Mari, so glad Bob is ok!!! Thank God for family Like your brother in law to help like that!! Yes I smiled all day due to the SUNSHINE!!!! YIPPIE:)

Anonymous said...

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands...There is no speach or language where their voice is not heard. Psalm 19: 1&3
You sure have a knack for getting pictures of that truth proclaimed by God's creation.
DMS

Anonymous said...

Hey, you!
That sunshine is a balm, isn't it?

Glad you are all well. And I'm glad to be back. Thanks for visiting.

Jen

Zaankali said...

I am glad to hear it isn't Bob's heart. Mark went to the ER once with chest pains and they thought it might be plurasiy but nothing ever came of it and he was feeling better. Who knows.
Smiles!

Terri said...

Glad to hear that all those tests came back fine.
I do love the sunshine on a cold winters day!

Rebekah said...

Glad Bob is doing better and the test are coming back good.

We were supposed to have 5 inches of snow but got about 1 inch, now it's ice is coming down.

We haven't had a good snow this winter. I was hoping for some good sledding snow. Looks like I need to head up to your neck of the woods

Cheri said...

I'm so glad his tests came back good.
You are very welcome for the driveway- Mark wouldn't have it any other way!

Cherdecor said...

It is good news to hear that Bob's tests came back with good reports. Praise the Lord!

I also want to praise the Lord for Mark! Talk about an act of kindness!

I LOVE that picture! I like to LOOK at those pictures, but I don't WANT to experience them. Whoa! It is snowing NOW! YIKES!

Renee said...

Yay for sunshine!! It is SO nice to see sunshine. Especially this time of year, when gray skies are the norm. The sunshine makes the snow look especially pretty.

We're supposed to get 1-3 inches tonight. The schools are starting to worry about going into the summer, since they've been closed so often this winter already.

SOOOO happy that Bob is getting good reports. Still praying that you can get to the bottom of what IS bothering him. But his heart looks good...that's wonderful news!!

I want to do something for you Kind post above. I'll get back to you on that!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Mari, please keep the snow where you are! Brrrrrrrr.

Sandra said...

I'm so glad Bob is ok, that is great news Mari :)

And I'm so happy that the sun is finally shining down on you, hope it continues to stay :)

Hugs,
Sandra