Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday

It's Thursday so it's time to get those Slow Cookers out again! Today's recipe is from a friend at church. She reads the blog so she knows I like slow cooker recipes. She made this a few weeks ago and says it is "very good and very easy". Thanks Jean, for sharing this recipe. I'll be trying it soon.
.
Slow-Cooked Meatball Stew
1 bag (1 lb) ready to eat baby cut carrots
1 lb small red potatoes (2 1/2 to 3"), cut into quarters
4.5 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
1 bag (16 ounces) frozen cooked meatballs (about 32)
1 jar (12 oz) beef gravy
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
Freshly ground black pepper, if desired
In 4 to 5 quart slow cooker, layer all ingredients in order listed.
Cover, cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Before serving, gently stir stew.
*6 servings (1 1/2 cups each)
If you want to check out more Slow cooker recipes, visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.

post signature

20 comments:

Mary said...

Mari,

This sounds delicious and I love the slow cooker. I'm going to try it. Thanks so much for sharing.

Blessings,
Mary

Anonymous said...

That sounds like I may have to try that, I love to slow cook:)

Anonymous said...

This looks good. Thanks for sharing.

I moved my blog to http://mjpuzzlemom.wordpress.com/

girlymom said...

Hi Mari-
I try not to give out too much personal info, I know it's not that hard to find out where someone is, but for my sanity I like to at least think I am secure here in my little beach town. Hubby's not thrilled with the fact that I post pics of the kids, but he knows how much I enjoy meeting new people and puts up with it. Follow the river. Have a great night and stay warm- it's coming down pretty good out there!

Anonymous said...

I feel a rumbly in my tummy!

Yum!

jennwa said...

That sounds good, especially on a cold rain day like today. Thanks.

Rebekah said...

another yummy dish

Lorie said...

Sounds good thanks for sharing. thanks also for all you did to get prayers for my little one. He seems to be doing great now and a great lesson for me was learned. Thanks again. i need to add you to my blog roll so I can make sure I visit you more often. You have a nice blog!

Sandra said...

This sounds SO good Mari, thank you for sharing :)

Betsy said...

Sounds great on a cold day like today!

Cheri said...

Looks really good- all except those nasty mushrooms- hee hee!

Becca L. said...

looks wonderful!

Dena said...

yummy!

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Yum, Yum, and can I say YUMMY!!! Holy canoli Mari, that sounds absolutely yummy!

I broke out my crock pot today and made chicken breasts with Brown gravy, celery salt, pepper, and now I am making some egg noodles with it.

I am NOT a cook, but I try...does that count?

xoxo,
Melissa

Pat said...

Sounds perfect for a cold winters day...I'm gonna make me some!

kelly said...

yum!

Chelle' said...

Mari- thanks for stopping by my blog... I appreciate every prayer you've offered for me.

I'm also glad you stopped by today because I came to say thank you and saw the great slow cooker recipe.

I'm bookmarking you!

Thanks again.

Renee said...

This sounds delicious!!

Leanne said...

Why have I never found you before? I need, need, need some new slow cooker recipies. Two days EVERY week I use mine and my kids are starting to complain that I ALWAYS make the same thing with it.

I'm going to try this next week!

Thank you!!

The Birds Nest said...

It sounds yummy!! You know I love to get recipes from you!!