Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Stethoscope

I have to share a story with you that I found on a blog that's new to me. This blog is The World of Chelle'. I encourage you to visit her blog and then put her on your prayer list. Chelle' is undergoing some pretty intensive treatment for Lyme disease. She recently had a PICC line inserted for the medication she needs. In spite of her health issues, her blog is uplifting and full of praise for the way God is taking care of her through this ordeal. Here is a post she shared recently.A nurse on the pediatric ward, before listening to the little ones chests, would plug the stethoscope into their ears and let them listen to their own hearts. Their eyes would always light up with awe, but she never got a response equal to four-year old David's comment.
Gently she tucked the stethoscope into his ears and placed the disk over his heart. 'Listen', she said...........'What do you suppose that is?' He drew his eyebrows together in a puzzled line and looked up as if lost in the mystery of the strange tap - tap - tapping deep in his chest. Then his face broke out in a wondrous grin and he asked, 'Is that Jesus knocking?'



post signature

21 comments:

Cheri said...

Oh my goodness- that little girl is the sweetest thing. I wish I could just reach through the computer and hug her!

Beth Cotell said...

What a wonderful post! Thanks for sharing her website. I'm heading over there right now to check it out. I'm always up for a new blog!

Pat said...

First of all, that is one of the most precious pictures I've ever seen!
Second - that story is priceless.
Third - and this really is first - I will be praying for Chelle', what an incredible person she is.

A Captured Reflection said...

Oh that really tugs at the heart.

Anonymous said...

That is precious! I'll have to remember that story to share!

Anonymous said...

I received that e-mail from a friend, isn't he adorable??!!She has a great site. Thanks Mari:)

Chelle' said...

Mari- A quick stop to Thank You for thinking enough of me to mention me to the many that visit your site. I am humbled and grateful for each and every prayer uttered on my behalf.

Secondly- this post looks FAR BETTER on your site as the colors are quite complementary. :-)

Thanks again to you and all those that remember me in prayer.

Cherdecor said...

OH Ho, that is DARLING! What a precious little child!

I'll have to check out this blog!

Megan Cobb said...

Gosh that little baby is CUTE. And what a sweet story, too. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Sharon Brumfield said...

That was sweet.
A priceless reminder of the truth.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Love the post Mari, and that picture is too cute!

Laura said...

Aww... that was so sweet! I liked that post.
Now I'll go check out Chelle's page.

I'm Tara. said...

Oh my word...that is just so sweet. I'm LOVING that picture, too. So adorable.

Rebekah said...

Love little kid comments. They are so innocent and precious.
Terrible about Chelle. I will remember her in my prayer time

Unknown said...

How precious!!! Kids are the best....

Bonnie said...

That photo ! Adorable !

Love the story. Kids really do "get it" ! Their hearts are so open ...

Going over to visit Chelle' now.

Dena said...

She looks like a little cabbage patch doll! toooo cute!

Terri said...

I really want to squeeze that little one. How cute is she. I'll be checking out her blog; once I get caught up with my own.

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Oh that picture just warms my soul! I haven't been over here in a while and to come to that precious little one. My heart aches for her! My baby had several PICC lines while in the NICU. She will be in my prayers.

~melody~

Jean said...

Precious picture, really precious comment from that little one!

sharon brobst said...

That is SO cute!