Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2008

My Life as a Book




Sharon of Sharon's Quiet Reflections tagged me for this meme. This was a meme that I had to really think about and reminded me of things I need to keep working on in my life.


If your life was a book, what Genre would it be and why?
Biography, but there would be a lot of comedy in it!

Would it be a stand alone or a series?
I think it would be a single book.

What would the title of your life’s book be?
Unfailing Love

What’s the spiritual theme of your book?
God loves me even when I am unlovable and despite the many times I put him in 2nd, 3rd or last place in my life.

What would your goal be?
To continue to grow closer to God and follow his plan for my life.

What’s the motivation for your goal?
Knowing some Godly women who in their old age remain close to God, are not complainers but find their joy in prayer, Bible reading and seeing God at work.

Who’s your hero?
God - he saved me and gave me eternal life!

What’s your conflict?
I keep falling back into that old habit of putting myself or others before God in my life.

Who’s your antagonist?
Most of the time it's myself.

Where are you in your life’s book? (The beginning, middle, end, have you reached your black moment, are you into your resolution?)
I still have a lot to learn and would like to do more of what He has called me to do. Of course, we never really know how far along we are in our book. It's done when the Author says our work is done!

Is there a happy ending?

Oh Yes! The ending comes when I am no longer here physically but there are good memories left with those who love me. My soul will be rejoicing in Heaven, living "happily ever after"!

I'm not going to tag anyone specific for this, but if you would like to share what your book would be like, feel free to join us!



post signature





18 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! That does carry a lot of deep thoughts.
I must say I'm glad that you didn't tag anyone specifically because I'm not sure how I would answer some of those questions. I guess that's something I need to work on myself :)

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Mari,
I LOVE that! I saw that meme and can't wait to post about it as well. It really makes you think, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing from your heart (you always do!)...it is a great way to get to know you more!
Melissa

Rebekah said...

Thats a neat idea. Very good answers by the way.

daisymarie said...

I accepted the challenge. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to think so deeply this morning!

Cherdecor said...

That's a great post and I loved all your answers. Like Melissa, I'm glad that you didn't tag anyone specifically because I can't think that deeply today. Something is making my glands and my head hurt today. I am going to take it easy and chill out!

Bonnie said...

I haven't seen that meme before. I like it. May have to do it later ... right now I can't get posted everything that I want to post !! So much to post, so little time !! :)

Laura said...

You certainly are right that you're not at the end yet! It's going to be a long time until the "Happily Ever After" for you because I'm pretty sure you're only on Chapter 2. :)

Renee said...

Great meme and I can see where you'd have to think about the answers. Thanks for sharing! It was great and inspiring to get to know you better.

Cheri said...

You did a great job on that post. Kuddo's to you for doing it- because I bailed on that meme!

Terri said...

Oh, that is a hard one to come up with. You had great answers though.
I'll be passing on this one - too tough for me to figure out the answers I'd choose.

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Love that meme! Great answers!
~melody~

Sarah Markley said...

A very interesting meme! So cool for the new year! I agree with your other commenters - what a great way to think deeply!

Sandra said...

Wow that was an intense meme, I don't think I would be able to do it LOL

Loved your answers though :)

Rebekah said...

Hey, I just tagged you.

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Those were the best answers I have ever read. I would read your book even!!!!

sharon brobst said...

wonderful Mari! It is a tough one....but your answers we great! Thank you for sharing with us!

Anonymous said...

What a great Meme, A real thinker!! wonderful answers Mari, you are very special!!

The Birds Nest said...

Very beautiful meme. I strive for those kind of answers in my life. I'm definitely a work in progress!!