Pages

Monday, January 21, 2008

Fixing my Life!




Melody from Pennies in my Pocket tagged me for this Meme.

Here's what I have to do: Devise a list of 5-10 courses you would take to fix your life. It’s more fun to be in classes with friends, so include one class from the person who tagged you that you’d also like to take.

.
So - here are the classes that will help fix my life:
1. How to Organize Chaos. Melody had this one on her list, so I think I will take it with her. My house isn't as chaotic as it was when the kids were younger and all home, but there are some areas where chaos builds!
2. How to keep your scrapbooks up to date. I love to scrapbook, but I have never been caught up with my scrapbooks. Right now I have too many pictures to count waiting for me.
3. Losing weight and keeping it off. How many times have I lost weight only to gain it all back? It's truly a never ending battle.
4. How to have more hours in a day, or get by with less sleep. There is always more to be done, than there is time to do it. I think every Mom has this problem!
5. How to have a consistent quiet time with God in a life with an inconsistent schedule. This has been an ongoing problem for me. I have a short devotional time in the morning before I go to work and try to have a more in depth time when I come home, but too often I put other things first.
.
That's a nice bunch of courses, don't you think? Just think how well my life would run if these courses were really available and worked. I'm not going to tag anyone specific, but feel free to do this fun meme if you would like.

post signature

16 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Number 5 is a class we should probably all take with you!

Cherdecor said...

Oh, my, I think I better take these courses with you. The only one I have not done is the scrap booking, but I think it would be fun!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

OK, I'll go to the school office and sign up for your classes! I need them all! ;)

Oh and I haven't had much time, but I did see your previous posts....the photos are just completely amazing!!

~melody~

A Stone Gatherer said...

Mari, we would be in alot of those classes together!

Bonnie said...

Sign me up ... I'll take them all with you !!

Rebekah said...

Oh those are great. This looks like fun. I dont scrap book, but I could join you in the rest of the classes

Jillina said...

I think I need to sign up for most of those classes, too. :)

Laura said...

Yup - I'll be in all those same classes too!

nancygrayce said...

Now I'm not saying I do this daily, but I recently heard a pastor on the radio saying that to solve his "time alone with God" problem, he had the motto, "NO BIBLE, NO BREAKFAST!" So I've been trying to read the Bible first thing before I have breakfast. Like I said, sometimes it just doesn't work! But it is a goal.

Terri said...

Great classes. When you sign up for them, let me know...I'll be right there with you.

Cheri said...

Those are good choices- I think I could be in all those classes with you!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am with you!! We are all a work in progress:)

Mary said...

Mari,

This is a great list and I enjoyed reading it.

I would love to take a scrapbooking course. I have never done scrapbooking like it's done today. As a child I pasted pictures out of the newspaper into a scrapbook - mostly following the Royal Family because that's what Mom encouraged us to do.

I would love you to write a post on scrapbooking. I think it would be so interesting.

Blessings,
Mary

Pat said...

Great classes, I don't scrapbook, but certainly the rest apply to me. If there's a class on coping with Michigan winter....sign me up!

Unknown said...

I like your courses, I'll join with the rest & take them also..

The Birds Nest said...

Those are great. I would love all of them, and I need even more courses to try to get my life in shape!!